Inequality and Marriage article

The part that always makes me laugh is how quickly they change their tune if a half decent member of the opposite gender gives them the time of day.

The victim mentality gets the eye roll because the simple solution is just to grow a pair. No one of either gender is responsible for the fact that you lack a spine and let yourself get walked over in every aspect of your life (lets be real, why would it be isolated to the home).

While I agree, I do feel bad for people who became like that after a traumatic life event. It’s easy to slip down that rabbit hole

I found the comic amusing. Of course it’s one sided. And it’s probably best that someone called it out for that, but it’s still kinda funny.

What makes it funny is not that it is true, but precisely because it is not likely to be true yet sometimes can feel that way. It’s the fact that our fears don’t measure up to the reality that makes one chuckle because you know that the truth is different from the perception, yet one can relate to both the truth and the perception.

I can laugh when women present their side and it can be just as distorted. “I had drinks with him and even fooled around, and now the jerk can’t even commit the rest of his life to me; men are such jerks!!” Obviously it’s got to be more imaginative than that to be funny, but that theme can work just as well.

i think it’s actually incredibly accurate from the few divorces i know everything about.