Internal Wholesaler Interview

Hey,

I applied for a internal wholesaler position at a mutual fund firm in toronto. I’ve read the posts, and I know it’s been a while since you have been through the interview process. Can you give me a little insight in regards to the process. I believe my first interview is with someone from HR.

Anything helps!!! The call is today -_-

congrats man!!! Vanvouver is super beautiful…Such a great city…Some people hate it but I am into trees, skiing, golfing, outdoors, fresh air and nicer people.

I currently work in Fixed Income Product Management and I really enjoy the job. You get exposure to both the investment and sales people at your firm and you learn a lot about investments and how the business works. Passing the CFA will be a big boost to your chances at landing one of these jobs. The pay can be lucrative as you move up and you end up developing relationships with everyone important at the firm. You can keep the best parts of the sales job, such as travelling and playing golf with clients, while also cutting your teeth on the investment side of things by learning the portfolios, strategies, etc. until you become the subject matter expert.