Iphone 6

Craptastic. But we’re not talking about the price of tea in China.

No, I don’t have a link because “high end” smartphone is arbitrary. Just add up the sales figures across some of the more expensive Android phones. If you’re too scared to do that, then you’re one of those crazy Apple zealots we hear so much about.

I’m not a crazy zealot, I have ADHD as I discovered in the other thread. I’ll let you do the work.

I googled it. It took less time than it took for you to come up with excuses to not google it.

Sure, the iPhone is overpriced relative to other high end smartphones. People can point to all the graphs that they want, but at the end of the day, many people (aka non AF analysts) are still going to pay the premium for it because they already have an iphone and don’t really want to change. The biggest risk to the iphone is the potential movement away from really subsidized phones through contract carriers, but lots of people who can afford it still want iphones.

They have what is viewed as a premium produce (right or wrongly), that they charge a premium price for (that people pay), and an ecosystem that discourages switching. The iPhone is far from dead.

Full disclosure: long a small amount of AAPL, use a cheap Android smartphone on a prepaid cell plan, and have a Win 7 desktop as my main computer. #notafanboy

Smart phones are a NEED.

Iphones are a DESIRE.

Does a 20% market share in the premium smartphone market justify a nearly $600B market cap?

Not by itself, but Apple does have other businesses as well, along with the intangible “X” that represents some unknown future product that people believe they will produce.

3 hours to go, you isheep ready?

Maybe. Plus, ~40 billion in NI doesn’t hurt.

WHO’S PUMPED? I’M PUMPED

I just checked an update on what’s going on the with iPhone. Is it me, or were all these “new” features incorporated into Android 2 years ago? My old Nexus 4 had both a barometer and secure, NFC-based payment. The latter sucks because so few merchants actually support it, rendering it pretty much useless for the time being.

Aaaand cue the handwringing from Android fanbois about “oh Android had this and 4546456416 features years ago”.

One more thing.

Two years ago.

My problem with Google Wallet was the lack of merchant support. It doesn’t replace credit cards, so there’s really not much point to it right now. Apple just touted 220,000 merchant locations, but that’s just an average of 4,400 locations per state. That’s not many, so it’s not very useful.

There are plenty of high end phones. S5, Lumia, HTC One. These are not budget phones. . .

“That’s a beautiful watch.”

Said a teenage girl.

Apple Watch is going to be pretty big, I think.

The margins on the Watch are going to be epic, not to mention the Beats products. Take in commodity components, and turn them into premium products.

Well, you won’t be able to take it into the room with you when you do the CFA exam…