June 2015 Mock Exams

+1

I’ll read my notes and re-read them as many times I can, and finish all the questions/bbs/eocs during the week. I take a mock a week. The scariest thing is the retention… I don’t know how it’s possible to retain all that crap.

Are you talking online exams or actual mock? I was under impression mock wasn’t available until 5/23.

I’ve managed to get my hands on the CFAI mock exams going back to 2010 (8 mocks in total) along with the 6 contained in the Schweser package so I’m planning on just hitting them as hard as I can from now until June 6th.

The variability of scores is definitely a worry as previously mentioned, totally diffent from level 1 where I was scoring pretty consistently within the 75/80% range.

Im still feeling like for every bit of material I am cementing into memory, another two are falling out and being forgotten by the time I come across it again.

ive started using flash cards for the first time for formula retention and they seem to be having an impact. First time I’ve ever used them as a study guide…I can highly recommend it!

61% on Schweser Mock #1. (73/120) … 33/60 Morning, 40/60 Afternoon. Got killed on the morning session which I thought was weighted kinda wierd with no FRA at all and a lot of fixed income. Completely forgot everything for quant (1/6) and portfolio management was trickier than i expected. I also definitely have to put some more time in on Econ. On the plus side, I did well on FRA (14/18) and Ethics (10/12). Planning on taking 1 full mock every weekend going forward until the exam.

Whoever told you that is full of it. The CFAI mocks (at least from 2014) aren’t much more difficult than the real exam, if any, nor the Schweser mocks. Definitely don’t need to be in the 80% range on Schweser. If you’re comfortabtly in the low-to-mid 70’s on those consistently, you’re in good shape as long as you don’t screw up on exam day.

Gosh, people start doing mocks and I have not finished all the readings :(. Got a new job a couple of weeks ago and it does take a lot of time and energy of mine. Do you think it’s too late if I start doing mocks 3 weeks before the exam ? I intend to do 4 sets from Kaplan and 2 from the CFAI.

You guys just hit up the Mock exams or did you do the QBanks and EOC questions first?

Went through all EOCs = and now am going to do a constant shuffle of mock exam, qbank, flash cards and revisions for the next couple weeks until I get it down cold.

This is pretty much my exact plan too…

Is this something you care to share about how you accomplished to get these mocks or are you holding this close to the vest. I’d love more mocks and are willing to pay for them but I can’t find any outside of Kaplan.

How’d you get all those? Is there a legitimate way I can do the same? I want more CFAI mocks, but can only find the one.

i got the 6 mocks of Schweser from the practice volumes… plus have registered for the mock on April 23

i got a few mocks from finquiz as well … but i dunno if they r any good

has anyone ever used FinQuiz mocks … how r they and where do they stand…

thanks

78% on Schweser 1.

75% AM // 80% PM

Has anyone taken both the Schweser mock and the CFAI mock? I’m wondering how they compare in terms of difficulty.

Schweser Exam 2:

Morning 68%

Afternoon 70%

I thought the Schweser mocks were considerably easier than the CFAI mock.

I’ve been doing the practice assessments and I’m losing motivation

Assessment 1: 1/6

Assessment 2: 2/6

Assessment 3: 3/6

Assessment 4: 2/6

Assessment 5: 2/6

Took CFA L2 online PM mock exam. My score was 42/60 = 70%. I find FRA and PM too difficult and tricky particularly the pension stuff. Dang this FRA.

“I’ve managed to get my hands on the CFAI mock exams going back to 2010 (8 mocks in total)” Any chance you could share the source with us here. I don’t think they are available officially to be bought anywhere online and they are not available unofficially either (I tried). So it would be a great thing if we can get our hands on them somehow.

Any chance you could share the source with us here. I don’t think they are available officially to be bought anywhere online and they are not available unofficially either (I tried). So it would be a great thing if we can get our hands on them somehow.