Just for fun

I worked at a golf course in the pro shop. I pretty much helped run everything and setup tournaments.

Looking at this thread, it made me think of this one stint I had at Scentura Creations in high school. I can’t believe I remember the name - it still exists: http://www.scenturacreations.com/ Scam scam scam.

Wow what the hell is this company. I probably only worked for them for a month or so. I think I saw an ad in the paper for something like make $1000/week … So I interviewed and was offered a ‘job’.

It was a sales job selling cologne and perfume on the streets. We did get a decent cut per sale. I think each bottle was like $20 bucks and we got $5 or so. We would meet at the office and have these pep talks with the ‘managers’ who were basically in a pyramid scheme in the whole operation, selling us on this idea of an inferior product which we thought was a superior product. We were pitched internally that it was a superior product, made of the same chemicals of top of the line fragrances. It was really crap. We were selling crap that smelled decently like the fragrances you are used to.

First job was in a laundromat. Will never ever give out my laundry to be done. EVER

I had my laundry washed, folded, and wrapped into a cube in saran wrap for 4 years in NYC. It seemed ok?

Algerian?

People totally had sex on your clothes.

FTFY

Man, a lot of country clubbers here. The white privilege is strong with this group. I bet half of you are named Spaulding or Biff.

Don’t forget Blaine. That guy’s an asshole.

My first job was pretty cool. I got to meet nice people, only required doing a couple jobs really well, and, although below entry level, my role was absolutely essential. I’m not sure why more people don’t consider being a fluffer for a couple years. I can’t recommend it enough.

Similar to Brainwashyourface I worked construction/deconstruction under the table at age 14 for $5/hr mostly digging ditches and pouring concrete. All I had to show for it at the end of the summer were bad tan lines and a tone physique. Also, had a side gig working “procurement” during the school year that was much more lucrative. CFAvsMBA could have related.

Working at the local grocery store when I was 15 I believe. Stocking shelves & maintaining the stock room and such. Wasnt so bad, was always just glad I didnt have to work cash register or in the deli. Produce was considered the best job there because it was easy as hell, roll out light cart, put a few apples out, wheel cart back.

Paperboy was my first job. I loved delivering, but hated collecting every week. I later worked as a janitor at Dunkin Donuts but got fired after I nearly hospitalized myself and everyone else in the store by mixing bleach and ammonia to clean the floor. My favorite early job was as a short order cook in the snack hut at a small local ski area.

Internally, I worked since I was about 8 at least a few hours each day for my grandparents campground (next door), on our farm (about 500 acres) and in our family company (raw animal hides and leather).

First external job was Panera Bread in HS, then waiter at Ruby Tuesdays before starting a landscaping operation with my college roommate with a few kids working for us.

^ Was waiting for BS to chime in about how he was CEO of a company before he had pubic hair. Proud to see the story has humbled these last few retellings.

Weak attempt, I never told it differently. Source link?

Can you state with 100% certainty that he has pubic hair?

how were you a waiter with so much anger issues?

I think it’s actually a prerequisite at chains. The difference in atmosphere between front of house and back of house always made me laugh. I mean the shift was immediate within inches of either side of the swinging door.

Also, I’m pretty chill IRL.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVdIg-sTo4]

I always thought Waiting was a good movie when it came to working in restaurants. Either it was underrated or the last time I saw it was a decade ago and I used to be easily entertained.