Kindly tell me what is the scope of Job of Credit Analyst for a CFA Level 2 canddidate who wants to be a investment analyst??

Hombre, you want good advice?

1. Dont call yourself credit analyst for working at d&b. all you guys do, is set a credit score, by assembling a couple of parameters such as industry, turnover, delayed payments, previous defaults. Thats not what a real credit analyst does. I mean the guys that really underwrite and take the risk (and then end up selling it to the world in small packages).

2. Learn how to spell your employers name.

3. Sit with Rahuls grandpa. The guy can teach you a thing or two.

Best

IWP

if his momma call him Clay, imma call him Clay.

A man has the right to change his name to vatever he vants to change it to. And if a man vants to be called Muhammad , godammit this is a free country, you should respect his vishes, and call the man Muhammad Ali!

[quote=“1BigStudMuffin”]

if his momma call him Clay, imma call him Clay.

A man has the right to change his name to vatever he vants to change it to. And if a man vants to be called Muhammad , godammit this is a free country, you should respect his vishes, and call the man Muhammad Ali!

[/quote Thanks. but i don’t know , why some people are used to of behaving rude and unethically. If somene is asking for help then one should either help him or shut their mouth. i just ask for suggestion over here but some bull shit people are also here to show there face.

Forward this thread with CV. Dream job landed.

pretty impressive for a troll

Is anyone else completely lost?

I think OP just isn’t familiar to the typical cast of characters found on an anonymous form and the usually witty, sarcastic, and more-so a tone of playfullness that’s easy to mistake for being rude, or “unethical” as he says.

I am confused on which part was unethical though.

What is going on here

Understanding what’s going on here just felt the same for while I was trying to understand CFA L1’s Economics books. Read everything carefully understood nothing >_<

Listen up bro,

I am a credit analyst and have been a credit analyst for 5 or so years. I used to work with Asset managers, stock brokers, the private equity houses, then some hedge funds. I now have a european portfolio of Banks which I analyse, grade (or rate), highlight the key risk and mitigants and set appropiate limits for our FICC, equities or treasury team to do business with.

What you get from a Credit analyst role that you dont get from a investment analysis role is learning how different business operates and how to structure deals and transactions.

An investment analysis will essentially do the same job as us but end up with a valuation.

If you want to break into investment analysis but no experience and have been offered a job as a Credit analyst which pays ok and is with a good firm then I would say go for it! You need to get some experience working in a corporate environment, learning how to write coherently and as an analyst. After a couple of years, maybe see if you can get into the investment side.

Muhammad, the simple answer is “NO”, your current job as a credit analyst will not help you be an equity analyst, for many reasons. One reason is that you are not a real credit analyst based on your description, you are actually a loan officer, which translates to zero transferrable skills. A real credit analyst evaluates debt securities issued by governments and corporations. Also, CFA L2 and an MBA from a non-Top 10 university will not help you in your search to be an equity research analyst (this is the correct title for what you want based on what you have said…when you say “investment analyst” all the time and that it is your dream and then describe equity research, it makes you sound like you do not know what you are talking about and have not researched your “dream” at all). Investment analyst can mean many, many things, so when asking for advice be sure to use correct terms or you will be laughed at. Last reason, it seems like you think you deserve something for having done nothing…people on an anonymous forum can say whatever they want and do not have to “shut their mouth” because you say so…as far as we’re concerned you are a nobody. So change this about yourself, it will help employers like you, which is 80% of the interview.

This is good advice, so you can’t reply with your normal “Bro dnt wast your time if u cant give good advice”.

ROFL