Legal Guidance

^ needless to say, storytime.

Unlike you hommie, when I got aressted (surprised? you should be if not you are a rascist bastard!), my homeboy drove 1.5hrs to bail me out.

does take the nickel mean plead the fifth? I’m trying to build my street cred.

^ Shit, you a wise cracka. That must be why JP Morgan hired you.

Yes it does. And you’ve come to the right place to build street cred. My homie Stormy and sidekick ChikkiTikka got yo back. Stick with them and you’ll be an OG in no time.

What did you get aressted for? And what was your bail? Being 22, not many of my homeboy’s had $2k in straight cash, and those who did, were too niggardly to help me out.

^ niggardly

good word. I miss it. I used it on a eighth grade paper and my teacher gave me an F.

I said, “Mrs. Looby, don’t be such a niggard when handing out A’s.”

Principals office.

“Chicken Tikka, where did you learn this word?”

“The dictionary In the library.”. A dictionary was a book that told you what words mean before smartphones all you level 1 candidates.

“It’s a very offensive word.”

“No it isnt, it’s etymology is Scandinavian. The N-Word comes from portuguese. They are unrelated, you can lookt up.”

“Well, some people might not see it that way.”

“I can’t be responsible for people being ignorant.”

“OK.”

Bail was set for 5 stacks. He paid a bondsman a non refundable 10% to get me out. I can’t disclose what I got arrested for. There is a board member position opening up soon and it’s my goal to fill that position. I have decided to not do or say anything that would jeopardize my chances. I hear the vetting process is gruesome.

My friends and I were busted for underage drinking on the beach in Seaside. The seasonal renta cops let us go though because we were actually putting our empties back in the cases so we could properly dispose of them instead of just tossing them on the beach. Of course, they did confiscate the remaining beer which I’m sure they took home. Does that count toward street cred?

Stormy - Good luck.

Higgy - That depends. Were you drinking Heineken or OE 800?

It’s been 20+ years, so hard to say with absolute certainty, but most likely we were drinking Miller Lite. At least we were in the same brewing company as OE.

^ Respect. Straight hood homie!

Quilty, innocent or otherwise, don’t speak to police, period.

The only thing you should be saying is hi or bye.

17 years old, arrested for trafficing and extortion. Snitched and got diverted out of the youth justice system. I couldn’t leave my house for almost a year except for school, all I would do is get high and read. Grades went from C’s to high A’s got into university with a small scholarship and that likely saved my life because I really didn’t smarten up until my mid twenties. Im thirty now.

What do you guys do about disclosing your priors to potential employers?

When I was in college, while on spring break I got picked up for misdemeanor trespassing and disorderly conduct. Spent 2 nights in Bay County jail witha bunch of meth heads b/c the holding cells were full. Plead no contest and the judge withheld adjudication. I have since sealed the records and the state of FL says the only entities that can see it would be the federal agencies and the florida bar. I am never sure whether to disclose it because I don’t know if anyone will ever see it and don’t want to sabatoge a good opportunity for something like this.

In 2006 I was picked up for DUI, and got a SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) and the charge was reduced to a non moving violation. I am not sure whether to ever disclose this since it is not on my criminal record.

I ran my record a few months ago and it looks clean. Do you guys disclose this kind of stuff?

I have since straightened out and don’t do the dumb shit I used to do.

Fuck no, though my boss and co-workers know I had a pretty rough past because I talk about it in reference to volunteer work with at risk youth and recovering addicts/alcoholics that I do now. I keep it vague and while I sense that my immediate supervisor and his boss are both legit guys I think that disclosing that type of history, especially to a prospective employer, can only serve to hurt you.

One of my fears is being outted on this board, the city i live in has a fairly small finance industry and I operate within a very specialized space.

My plan had been play dumb. I’m not a lawyer and have no clue how the courts work. If something were to get flagged, I’d address it then. I was that my charge will not show up on a standard background search. I’m sticking to that and so far no issue.

Yeah, that has been my plan, although, my little stitnt in Bay County FL was flagged at my first job, but that was before the record was sealed. I have not idea if it would get flagged now with a big compnay running checks.

^word.

Bodhi, your story is the poster child for reform? Nobody is gonna want to punish you for growing up and straightening out. Don’t sweat it. It happened more than 10 years ago when you were a minor.

If it ever comes up, di what I did at my bschool interview when they asked me about my GPA. Say, it’s not relevant anymore.