Liberal Arts Degree- a piece of crap in the business world?

liberal arts education = partying and lot of sex for four years… That’s my view. So I like liberal arts degree and I wish if life could have been longer I would have obtained one. Although, to excel in career, I don’t believe that degree’s matter if you have the hunger. Degrees are a hedge, an EECS degree from top uni will land you a safe and high paying job, but it’s neither enjoyable nor it increases your business acumen. It just proves that you are a hard working b!tch and you won’t break down if you’ll get loaded with ton of sh!t.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed, that is why the OP is dump and this is > another retarded discussion. Believe it or not, I actually think Ako started this discussion because I corrected his grammar like a week ago. Kind of sad, really.

^ man im just having a good time. calm down. like the guy said before you can have a liberal arts degree in math or physics and that is way more grueling than really any type of business degree.

CALM DOWN? you post this and you expect ME to CALM DOWN? are you f…ing kiddin me BRO this is so so so so so so so …_~->f…k!!!

I always wonder why AF attracts some of the biggest haters around like the OP.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I always wonder why AF attracts some of the > biggest haters around like the OP. Enjoy the beauty of diversity on AF, it’s definitely fun :-)!

It’s not what you know, but who you know. _______________________________________ End discussion.

It’s not what you do, but how it’s done. - Nas

It could be either, right? If you’re a genius and graduate from MIT with a 4.0 and multiple graduate degrees, you don’t need friends in high places to be recruited for the best jobs. Or your dad could be a senator.

A 4.0 at MIT is actually a B…5.0 is an A.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s not what you know, but who you know. > > > _______________________________________ > > End discussion. Wrong. Depends on the industry.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s not what you know, but who you know. > > > _______________________________________ > > End discussion. artvandalay knows brianr VERY well.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have two undergrad degrees, one of which is > liberal arts. Don’t worry, I don’t let it > “effect” my “steller” work performance. LOL! I just read the “I hate” thread and now I get it. Hahahah

One of the most important skills developed in college is the ability to write well. If your liberal arts degree helped in that development, then it was worth it. It’s incredibly difficult to develop excellent writing skills on your own.

Level2Relief Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One of the most important skills developed in > college is the ability to write well. > > If your liberal arts degree helped in that > development, then it was worth it. It’s incredibly > difficult to develop excellent writing skills on > your own. Four years of sex and drinking are also worth it!