Life studying for the CFA exams

That is a real lot of study hours mate.

I’d rather sacrifice my life for the next 7 months and get it over with than studying this stuff until 2017!

5 AM Gym

7:30-5:30 BO Job

5:30 - 9 Study

Friday evening Drink to oblivion

Sat / Sun study ~7 hrs a day

no kids but married

My social life sucked while studying for these exams. Then again, my social life was pretty good when I failed. Pick one. Pass the exam vs. everything else. My instructor at the time in the big apple (Peter Olinto - L1, L2) said that passing the exams was negatively correlated with your happiness. The more miserable you are, the more likely you are to pass. Deal with it, suck it up, get the work done, score high on the mocks and then do your best. ​​​

I surpassed this and it didn’t come easy. I worked hard to do it but it still wasn’t as much work as L2 or L3.

That is what really surprised me. If i can get 6 hours a day of top productive and creative thinking i consider myself lucky. Could never muster over 6 hours of 100% concentration. With advent of facebook i found it harder and harder to concentrate for long period of times and maintain razor shap focus

THANK YOU! When I took L1 the first time, I found that only though adrenaline was I able to focus for two 3 hour sessions. If I get in 6 hours of study in a day… it means I probably devoted 8+ hours to it! This curriculum is really boring too. Feels like I am tring to focus on reading the phone book. I have trained for and finished 5 full ironman triathons. Studying in this program is close to TWICE as hard as that was. exhausting!

Here’s some help with the facebook