Manager Selection - career path and exit opportunities

Any thoughts on how a position like this would look for business school applications?

Hi guys,

thanks again to everybody for their feedback. I was wondering, since I just realized that was never discussed during interviews, how often did you have to travel? I guess I would be okay with anything, really, just curious… And also, how many analysts go into an interview, i.e. For those of you who have done the job, was it you and someone else from your firm interviewing the managers? Or did you go one on one?

if you are a big enough fund, the managers will come to you. I’ve done solo and I’ve had my PM sit in

Limited travel as mentioned above, and especially so if you are in a major city, though not sure how it is in Germany. You will likely have more group interviews starting out, and will conduct more and more solos as you gain experience.

Is it fair to assume that this will never lead to stock picking roles? I get that the skill-set is not aligned, just curious if this is a fruitful pivot.

I agree that it sounds pretty cushy, just trying to think about what happens X number of years down the road.

As far as travel. I would travel 2-3 times a month. Typically with another analyst or head of research. Sometimes I went on my own but that was rare (but nice).

It led to a stock picking role for me, but that’s only because I learned to model and do research on my own time (not at work), and start at the bottom once again when I got the job.

Fair enough, thanks for the perspective.