Mary Jane Visiting CO and WA

Tell me how you really feel brother.

Serenity Now!

Your opinion is based on some sort of personal belief than any hard facts. People do not die from pot, You could die from Alcohol overdose though. Should we push pot over the line and make it legal? If Alcohol and Tobacco are on the legal side of the line then it makes no sense not to.

As for Colorado, I don’t know if it’s accurate or not but Portugal is the benchmark here

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/120718/drug-decriminalization-portugal-addicts

No they haven’t. Have their brains develoepd enough to decide that Alcohol, Tobacco etc are not healthy in life? Probably not, it comes down to parenting

The war on drugs is a foolish and misplaced one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/science/the-rational-choices-of-crack-addicts.html?ref=science&_r=3&pagewanted=all&

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.2013.301612

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/news/war-on-drugs-is-over?src=rss

^ Don’t you live with your parents? Another reason your argument is moot.

Not to mention all the bums on the street I see mainlining pot, spending all of their money on their habit. Stop shooting the pot and get a job!

^

Ha Ha, If you say so mate.

Fact remains:

1. The war on drugs was a failed one.

2. Most drugs are not as harmful as Alcohol.

3. Addiction is actually a behavioral pattern.

Weed legalization is here to stay, there are other things to break your head over.

Here’s the thing, addressing your point in order:

1. People are burning and eating drugs every day. It takes a long time for drugs to destroy a person, typically, but people destroy drugs all the time. People 1, drugs 0.

2. The issue here is regulation. Alchohol typically comes in 40 proof liquors and ~5% beers and ~14% wines. You have to consume a bunch to get really messed up. Also, high concentration alchohol tastes like crap. Pot and LSD either tast like nothing or taste pretty good. There is not regulation or information about their concentration on the package that I am aware of (never been to Amsterdam). They just give a recommended dose, which (if the Tylenol deaths are any indication) people routinely ignore.

3. That’s true, and there are healthy addictions, neutral addictions and unhealthy addictions. Being addicted to drugs is an unhealthy addiction.

I’m all for legalization, because while it may increase the amount of drugs in circulation (maybe) people will also have the opportunity to kill more drugs.

Ok first to clarify the term ‘Drug’ is a very generic one. There are 3 categories

Natural - Weed, Mushrooms etc, Synthetic- LSD etc and the hard stuff like meth and heroin. While meth and heroin do indeed force heavy physical withdrawal symptoms if the user doesn’t take it in at regular intervals after a dose the same is not true with 90% of other drugs. Not even LSD.

The war on drugs is a failed one because you have spent millions and it has got you nowhere. Opium production funds the Taliban and the Afghan economy revolves around it, Parts of mexico are uninhabitable and yet all the stats show that drug use has neither come down nor has drug production. In fact- Your jails are swarming with people imprisoned on minor drug offences.

http://www.scccampusnews.com/se/non-violent-drug-offenders-fill-prisons-1.709045

Of the 2.2 million americans in jail 21.2% are non-violent drug offenders.

As for drug addiction again if we negate for meth and heroin the studies show that addiction is a byproduct of our circumstances. If it wasn’t a drug it could easily be something just as harmful.

I agree with you though, I’m not pro- drug use by any means but the laws need to be changed and the classification of weed as a drug is a really stupid one.

Also the benchmark is Portugal not the Netherlands.

I do believe that weed makes u lazy. So the more people that light up, the less competition for me. I hope all the L1 candidates are getting high.

Please provide a link to any deaths related to pot in general. You either completely made this up or you’re listening to Nancy Grace.

I can’t believe pot was legalized before prostitution.

i think CvM has been hanging around http://www.mmyvofficial.org/ too much (SFW)

From my experience, weed can be very damaging especially if you smoke it young. I remember a guy I knew when I was at college who had smoked chronic since he was 15. At the time I knew him he was around 19 and probably had an iq of 70 max. He was physically impaired too. His balance was bad and his reflexes were shot. The drug had destroyed his brain.

I’ve seen a few other people badly affected by weed - mostly mental health effects - but he is the one that always stays in my mind.

Don’t do drugs kids!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26860982

Levy Thamba, 19, plummeted from the balcony of a Denver hotel on 11 March after eating a cannabis-laced cookie.

A post-mortem examination found marijuana intoxication was a factor in the Wyoming student’s death.

Colorado became the first US state to legalise recreational use of the drug in January.

PHOT is trading again

Yes, and with better results than I expected. Down 50% isn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Bummer of a situation though. PHOT actually appeared to be one of the more legit MJ businesses. Guess I’ll stick with TRTC.

Certainly, drugs are bad for you. Taking marijuana is not a decision that I would make for myself or people whose health concerns me. However, in a country where you are free to make countless other decisions that compromise your health and well being, it’s hard to say why marijuana is any different. If it were up to me, I would allow people to consume all kinds of drugs, provided that transactions involving these products involve a tax that is sufficient to pay for the burden on national healthcare or other economic effects.

Im against drugs but I believe weed has its health benefits. the biotech company gwph is interesting

^

Not only weed. Ketamine is now being explored as a possible medication for clinical depression. LSD is a substance that is used by people who suffer from chronic headaches. It is considered the single most effective substance to stop suicide from people who suffer from the disease.

There are also reports where these same people use weed to calm their system before taking LSD. The term ‘Drugs are bad’ also carries some negative connotation which probably isn’t justified. Post 21 ingesting excess peanut butter is probably more harmful than having too many hits of pot provided it isn’t spiked.

Legalization of drugs will provide a more transparent process to monitor the quality of these substances. Colombia has already legalized cocaine and a few others, Once Mexico follows it’ll be over.

There are a few substances that we really need to be wary about like scopolomine and meth, As for the rest we’ll be fine.

^ didn’t ecstasy originate from a highly effective drug as well. I agree, abuse of anything can be bad. Eating too much grease and salt will kill even the badest bitch.