Men who wear square toed shoes

because she’s a woman, presumably

Comfortable shoes are definitely worth paying a premium for. You spend so much time in your shoes that it can have a big effect on your mood and quality of life. You can get that with a shoe in the $150-250 range here. I don’t see any need to pay more than that unless you are in an office where people use these things as indicators of how much money you have (and only if you actually want to play that game).

There are cheaper shoes that are comfortabe, but they are harder to find and/or the material sags or stretches after a while and they stop being comfortable.

If you care about such things, women notice nice and well maintained shoes far more than a nice shirt. Hence, your mom’s advice. She wants grandkids, and a son that isn’t grumpy from uncomfortable feet.

I normally don’t do “vain” or “flashy”. But I will spend money on a good pair of quality shoes. I think my Ecco’s cost about $150 per pair, which is more than any other single piece of clothing I own, except for my one suit.

In my very inexperienced opinion, shoes and barbecue grills are similar, in that they all cost the same amount. You can buy a $200 grill that will last two years, then you throw it away and buy another one. Or you can buy a $3000 grill and keep it for thirty years. You get what you pay for.

AF is very confusing lately. I thought you absolutely must spend through the roof on haircuts, shoes, suits, etc. The last few months have proven otherwise.

Are… are you guys actually regular dudes? Regular non-swinging d*cks? This is like finding out there’s no Santa Claus all over again.

my mom was never really into fashion so i think i will agree with this.

^Everybody on AF makes seven figures on their municipal bond interest alone, kid. You better check yo’ self. We also wear Patek Philippe, Cartier, Mont Blanc, Armani, and Ermenegildo Zegna. We drive Rolls Royces, Maseratis, and Ferraris.

Then we turn around and trim our own hair because we can’t afford trips to the barber. And we bitch about having to pay $2,50 for a Gillette Fusion razor cartridge.

Get with the program, son.

Greenie you better get out of here with putting commas where you should be putting decimals. I thought you were a proud texan not some european fancy boy

I have a dream that one day, we will live in a nation where people are judged not by the pointy shape of their shoes, but by the content of their character.

A wiseman once told me there are 2 things never to go cheap on. 1) Shoes because you spend most of your day in them 2) Mattress because you spend the rest of your day on it

Agreed but as a non-BSD i cant afford expensive shoes. I rock sneakers on the way to work anyway as my work shoes were getting ripped up on the subway/streets. If the wear & tear werent so bad I would consider getting a better pair. Always keep my eye out for those Allen Edmonds factory sales and debate picking up a pair but never pull the trigger.

I generally wear shoes very much like the ones Greenman posted. They’re usually a $50 Dockers or Stacy Adams special because I’m fat and blow through about 6 pairs of shoes per year. Lately I’ve been wearing some memory foam boat shows to work. I’ve got a navy blue pair, a khaki pair and some that look like a washed out denim. I figure if women can wear flip-flops with some bedazzling, I can wear slippers that sort of resemble the shoes some asshole wears while pretending to sail in a Ralph Lauren ad. Best decision I’ve ever made. I take them off at my desk and occasionally wander the office completely barefoot. I think I’m going to try cargo pants with zip-off legs next. Just slowly lower the “business casual” bar until I can stroll in to the office in a pair of gym shorts and an old t-shirt.

I have a pair of Cole Haan’s that are with square toes. Let me see if I can find a picture…Yeah, very similar to these:

They’re great for the business casual look. I may not be 6’4" with 7% body fat, but I know I have better fashion sense than 99% of you…so suck it.

^ you get them at discount rack at DSW? I see Cole Hanns hit there occasionally and they never fit my feet well, always liked the look of them though.

^ Just go work at a tech start-up.

Edit: Directed at TTM

We have a Cole Haan store and I get approximately 150 emails a day from them promoting something or another. I pick up a new pair about every 18 months. But, DSW and other discount shoe stores are great for men. They just sell last season shoes which doesn’t really matter for guys. Our shoes don’t change much.

yea i wasnt trying to be a prick (although upon reading my post I could see it coming off as a negative statement) I hit up DSW discount rack for shoes frequently and see if there is something decent for cheap. As far as companies that email way too much, I really dont know how I survived before Gmail automatically sorted my emails to get rid of the promotional ones. Its brutal.

^I didn’t think you were being a prick. Being well dressed and being a smart shopper are not mutually exclusive.

I’ve tried those Cole Haans at DSW. They look great, but were too wide for me. Ever since Father & Son went out of business (I still have a 25+ year old pair of their black wingtips), the only reasonably priced dress shoes I’ve found that fit me well are Bostonian and Clarks.

Fat people with zero fashion sense have no place in AF.

GTFO.

You can sometimes get like 30% or 40% discount on Cole Haans on Amazon, if you are not picky about the exact shoe model. For some reason, the listing will be like $120 for all sizes, and then one or two sizes that are like $65. You have to dig around a bit, but it’s still probably faster than going to the physical store. Cole Haan fit is very narrow and I generally cannot wear them. However, fortunately, other brands also show this kind of listing behavior.