Need some advice?

The following options are open to me:

CA

CFA

MBA

Also, I don’t know much about FRM. Would that be considered a valid option as well?

Lastly, keeping in mind that I’m going to complete my graduation next year, will a standalone CFA be sufficient to start my career?

@OP

Why dont you give ACA/ACCA a try ?

Isn’t that primarily for Europe? Or does it brear recognition in the US as well?

@DEJAVU As far as I know there is no recognition in the US with these,

What combination or course(s) would you suggest for a career in investment banking or the big four auditing firms @Gabelogan ?

^ I am fairly new here too both in the forum and in the industry.IMHO you are far better staying in india and thinking about improvements there than trying to get out,the market is way to competitive in the west for IB. I know for a fact that ACCA is recognized by KPMG.You should check for GAAP or IFRS first however since that is one of the reasons ACCA is not recognized in the US.

Those are two different things. It’s kinda like asking, “what should I take if I want to be a geophysicist or a hotel manager?”

^Greenman if one was to do audit just like you do,whats the optimized way to use that experience as a stepping stone ?

First of all, having graduated from such an awesome Indian institution, you are obviously exempt from all CFA exams, tthey will most likely make you a honorary CFA charterholder (with Halo).

DO CA, MBA from top 15 (India) and then get the honorary CFA charter and write under your name: "30%-50% yearly return expected,

Umm… I don’t know what to make of your post… Are you being sarcastic? And what honorary CFA charter are you talking about?

dont do CIMA…has little value in india…the best combination would be CA+CFA for u…but be prepared to spend thousand of hrs on each level of c.a…doesnt require u to be a einstein but would require hardwork… also go for an mba only after u have a couple of years of work ex and if u can get into the top 10 colleges in india.

@sapoorhindi if you could help me clear IPCC, that would be great…