Oscars were a disaster

/\ Not so sure I would give up even 10 IQ points to be as rich as DiCaprio though. But then again I wouldn’t pay much to gain ten. I guess I’m just rationalizing my own mediocrity.

i’m quite happy that TWD is a perennial Oscars’ breaker-upper for me now. i watch the beginning, watch the end and don’t really miss anything. well, i don’t miss anything anyway.

i thought Chris Rock did a pretty good job at being serious about the issue but also making light of it. it was awkward for only a minute or so. what really irked me was that the show started and ended with “Fight the Power” which is just completely confusing. i mean, the show is still put on by white people for the most part so the white people thought that “Fight the Power” was an appropriate song? wouldn’t “Ebony and Ivory” or “Let’s Stay Together” make more sense.

the bottom line is that there were very few strong black roles this year. many films are historical and have to be played by white people. in fact, 5/8 of the movies nominated ARE historical movies and HAD to be played by white people.

I would give up 10 iq points to be as rich add Leo.

Reminds of the Masters “controversy.” Don’t like it, start your own club. These are not publicly funded organizations. Ugly people don’t win too many acting Oscars either. Get over it. What’s the youth unemployment rate among those of African descent? Oh, wait, that’s right, you’re exposing an important issue of the day. We’ll talk about the trivial issues some other time.

Yeah. I like “Fight the Power” as a rap piece, but it just seemed awkward at the Oscars, like the insincere kid who’s trying too hard to look sincere.

So, no CNBC for you, eh?

^ Only for American Greed, Shark Tank, and The Profit.

+1

So itera turns on a pop culture award show whose target audience is teenage girls and lunch laides subscribing to US weekly and literally (as opposued to figuratively) turned it off before taking to the internets… because grandpa is mad the show that spends an hour long prelude on the red carpet features spurious commentary? Too funny.

I watched the show the last 2 years, seemed fine to me. Don’t see what is so funny here.

ali g ftw

Not sure why Americans need to whine constantly about these racial themes. It was annoying, I was reading while the wife watched it. Anyone complain about the lack of white guys on the NBA all-star team?

The whole Oscar racial debate is one of the main reasons Trump is doing well in America.

He says what everyone is thinking but too cowardly to stick up to politically correct kumbaya movement that has plagued modern society. Yeah he’s an bozo and full of it, but his ‘i don’t care what you think’ mantra is respectable.

Chris Rock’s material was almost identical to his movie ‘down to earth’, so nothing special there.

All these debates are just distractions people! Most of society is getting poorer and less educated and all the gov wants it to pit everyone against each other.

Yes

As much as I wish I could disagree, I suspect there’s a lot of truth here.