Passport date error

Do you mean the passport expired? CFAI cannot guarantee changes with only 1 week before the exam.

Nope, not expired, but I had to get a new one made coz the old one was damaged.

Thankfully, they replied saying that the change has been processed. Phew!

They had mine fixed within 12 hours. I also called and they said they would have it done within 1-2 business days.

I just read this thread, made me double check my info:

My passport says:

Bob James Smith (this is not my real name, my parents wouldnt give me a name this stupid)

But my exam ticket says:

Bob Smith

According to the ID policy, I think this isn’t acceptable (what a joke), Im not sure. I’ll call on Tues.

http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/governance/policies/Pages/identification_policy.aspx?channel=email&emailtrackid=CFACand

Very scary, I think a lot of people may not be able to sit for the exams if that’s the case.

I have to update my passport (for december thank god) as well due to expiry. So for clarity, I just email that form and a photocopy of the passport page with all the info on it? I don’t need to fill anything out on the form as thats for other changes, correct? Just wanna get it done the first time with no issues.

That will probably fail. I have the exact same situation as you

For sanity sake, I had CFAI screen my passport and exam ticket, because I was worried my passport had that extra middle name and exam ticket had no middle name.

CFAI revised my ticket and said they had to change my exam tickett to include the middle name

Hopefully they can update my ish in time. I shot them an email, hopefully they get back to me tuesday morning.

I think I read somewhere (maybe here) that cheating in India has gone viral, maybe that’s why the strict ID policies, espceially with the first-middle-last names, because all Indians have one of two last names: Deepak or Patel.

That’s just my personal hypothesis anyways, with absolutely zero grounds for basis.

Anyways, its bad enough they’re taking all of the good back office IT jobs from the level 1 candidates… but now they may keep me from taking the exam! That’s it!!! I declare war!

I would not be surprised if cheating was rampant in India

i had the same date error. I only discovered it today !!!. Got it adjusted within 4 hours…whew !!

whoa same error on my end. No middle name and my expiry date is wrong. LOL Man to come so far and only get screwed off my a typing error.

E-mailed them last night will see what happens.

whoa same error on my end. No middle name and my expiry date is wrong. LOL Man to come so far and only get screwed off my a typing error.

E-mailed them last night will see what happens.

Woot! got an e-mail they made a change!

Any news on how these cases went? There were a few people at my centre that seemed to have a second peice of paper on their desk with their exam ticket - some sort of exemption letter by the look of it.