Peter Schiff

Not if you’re Peter Schiff. I’m pretty sure he makes more money off his newsletter and speaking engagements than management fees.

Random thought – Schiff vs Trump for president.

Now THAT would be entertainment!

Yes, but he was not recommending that anyone go out and put all their money into gold at 1900/oz. Like Marc Faber, he recommends people average into gold and be diversified.

And regarding his mutual funds, he could very well be terrible at outperforming an index. Like others say, he’s bad on execution.

But his prognostication to recommend gold and foreign stocks in 1998 was genius. That same recommendation in 2009, not so great as of now.

Schiff has the gift of gab and he’s found a way to make a great living off it, despite being a poor asset manager.

I’ve heard him do a couple of speaking engagements and he does it well. Most Austrian schoolers eat it all up.

I like him for what he is…a talker. I’m surprised people take him seriously in asset management, though. Are those people seriously out there? The guy talks about how gold is going higher, and then turns around and offers to sell you gold through his company.

I think he’s entertaining but that’s it. He’s not the slightest bit pragmatic.

I’d bet against it happening, but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if he’s on a future episode of American Greed. Gotta watch out for these types.

I was on a conference call on which he was a guest speaker. He spent 40 minutes yelling into my ear of how the sky is falling, Yellen is a liar, gold is the best possible investment. He’s quite convincing but I’m not convinced. When you really shove your opinion down peoples throats you come off as a conspiracy theorist, especially when you’re spouting conspiracy theories.

Edu Pristine?

WHAT?! YELLING? THIS IS THE NORMAL TALKING VOICE OF US AMERICANS! PLEASE UNDERSTAND OUR UNIQUE COMMUNICATION METHOD!!!

I’ve listened to a handful ofhis presentations - he’s a certified nut.

At some point in the past he had a lot of theories that could have been realized but we’re way past that point.

Not sure what you meant here, but I can see how those 2 sentences sound, lol. I was tired :).

Schiff has been calling every move of the Fed since 2007. He predicted QE1, 2, and 3. He will be right on QE4. Up till now he has been correct that the Fed cannot and will not raise rates. Why does everyone continue to believe the Yellen bluff?

Good lord. While I have been predicting this too, will they really? I mean, it seems so obvious monetary policy is played out. But I guess they just keep going, propping up silly prices, until they run out of props…they don’t know what else to do.

The nonsense has reached epic proportions. She’s at it again, “oh in Dec, yeah Dec for sure, well unless something happens”.

The LIBOR curve is already moving in anticipation of a raise and a lot of EM currencies are getting killed. Already seeing it passed through in consumer rates, granted small moves but the market is already tightening just based on Yellen’s BS - probably part of the playbook.

IMO, they’ll do more damage by not raising in December.