Physical Goals for this summer?

2 co ck pushups. RIght now I’ve plateau’d at 1.

Ass_man, RAISING THE LEVEL OF DEBATE AS ALWAYS, brah. So since posting that I was going to run in the “it’s fridayyyyy” thread last week, I actually did successfully run just shy of about 7 miles on Saturday, and then about 4 miles on Monday. I was going to do another run today, maybe 3-5, but $JPM is doing the ‘corporate challenge’ in Central Park. Nothing against JPM, but I ran that race last year, and it’s so crowded/chaotic that it’s just not fun. So I’ll probably push tonight’s run back to tomorrow. I GUESS I’LL JUST HAVE TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES INSTEAD. Side note: Anyone looking for a running partner in NYC? I run around an 8:30 - 9:30 min mile, usually between 3-7 miles, trying to get back to running 2-4 times weekly.

I am about the same pace and distance. Avg out to 8 - 8.5 min/mile and run anywhere between 3 to 7 miles. I will resume running (mid July) after my vacation.

Nada, just trying to relax during summer :slight_smile:

I was training tonight and my legs felt pretty good (ie made of steel) absorbing low leg kicks in heavy sparring (must be the cycling). Honestly, my decision to become a ‘bad ass’ cycler has just turned my life around in my view of how to recover and prepare for MMA. lol it was funny though - its this pro I usually spar with - hes definitely lighter than I am, but I swear his face changed when he saw tonight that the low leg kicks weren’t doing jack. So of course I prompted him to strike harder by striking harder and then later in the recap my boxing coach was like ‘thats what you get for bringing the heat’, you have to be able to handle that. I told him I thought it was good for conditioning, but really I was thinking… my quads are made of fucking steel