Playing Games

You must be old. ha ha Just kidding. Can’t be that old if you’re playing GTA (unless you mean the first one).

Gaming is way more “mainstream” than it used to be. Pretty acceptable now for people in their 20s-40s.

I used to love COD but I didn’t get the last couple. They haven’t really done anything to improve the franchise since, probably, Black Ops. But, when I did play it, there’s no doubt it was the most childish, annoying online community around.

Why mess with something that works? People don’t make a different version of baseball every year.

I strongly dislike the COD community and game play.

I used to play World of Warcraft, then kids happened.

Because it gets old. COD: MW3 was one of the best selling games of all-time. Unfortunately for Activision, it also completely sucked. That led about 12 million less copies (a 40% dip) of the next COD game, Ghosts, being sold.

Same thing has happened to Madden. Last year was one of their worst sales years in several years. Gotta keep it fresh.

Aye, keep it fresh like Doug E.

I play COD Hardcore Search and Destroy.

I dated a girl in college who told me it was bad I didn’t engage in any mindless activities, so she tricked me into play COD. I only like one game mode in that game. If they ever get rid of it, I’d stop playing. The game mode attracts a lot less kids as well.

Also, research has shown cognitive benefits to playing first person shooters

If you like hardcore (aka rounds instead of quick spawn) and search and destroy you should be playing Counter Strike, not COD. Thing is it’s a PC game, but trust me it’s much better.

I’ve almost pulled the trigger (pardon the pun) on CS a few times. I’ll probably buy it eventually. But, I am familiar with the CS community and they have issues too. They tend to take things a little too seriously and expect everyone to be as hardcore as they are (i.e. be pro, not the gametype). So not as many “I did your mom last night noob” as COD, but a lot more guys getting way too upset at the more casual/bad player.

There are always worse communities out there though. I’ve heard playing LoL basically amounts to getting yelled at in Russian the entire time.

There are definitely smaller communities within the larger one. If you’re playing ranked matches then ya… people are going to want you to be good. Your performance effects their rank. There are a lot of public communities you can find to play with that are more casual though. Even servers that try to enforce a rule so everyone has to be older than 13/16 or some other age.

I’ve never played LoL, but playing DOTA2 is getting yelled at by South Americans half the time.

The friendliest gaming community is Starcraft.

I play CS source. Haven’t transitioned to CS Go because I hate change.

[quote=“lxwarr30”]

[quote=“Sweep_the_Leg”]

Koreans are very friendly. They’re like the Canada of Asia.

I’ve always admired the EVE community. Those guys are nuts. If I had no job, friends, or family I’d play EVE. As it is, reading about the battles and ponzi schemes is great fun in itself. Here’s one that netted the players over $50,000 in comparable credit.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/12/biggest-eve-online-scam-ever-recorded-nets-over-a-trillion-isk/

Haha. I listened to this one EVE guy rage so hard. That game seems too intense. They worked for months to go undercover in some group and bring them all into a trap.

I’ve been playing Destiny on the PS4 for the past few weeks, i’m so addicted to this shit. The story is non-existent and i’m literally playing the same content over and over for the chance at a new legendary gun or piece of armor. I can’t put it down.

^Interesting. That’s the most negative positive review I’ve read. As much as I like Bungie, I heard they really phoned it in with Destiny.

^ tbh, it’s a horrible game if you want something with depth, plot, and to actually give a shit about what you’re doing. But, it’s absolutely gorgeous to look at, lots of fun to play, full of little details… it’s magnificent yet terrible.

I started playing Rust again. My life is in shambles, but my fort is great!

^Once my in-laws clear out of my house, I’ll start down that rabbit hole again.

I think I’m finally going to break down and get a next gen console too. I guess I’ll get the Xbox One. Haven’t heard any reviews that make a good case for one over the other. Then I’ll buy GTA V and play it all over again with better graphics.