Prayers and good thoughts, if you please

Good luck. I know several people who’ve had knee replacement surgery and they all wish they had done it sooner.

The proximate cause was running with my dog.

Contributory causes were no doubt 9 years of baseball, 6 years of football, racquetball, volleyball, running, tae kwon do, badminton, and so on.

I was fine until last March when I was running with my dog and on a downhill slope heard a loud _ POP _!, followed by the sensation that my knee had been stabbed with a knife.

It won’t surprise me if the right knee needs replacing within a year.

I’m envisioning a Celebrity Death Match with S2000 vs. Black Swan.

Wishing you a fast recovery.

Good luck, man! You are a hero, but you don’t try to act like one. Take it easy and follow all those doc’s orders.

I am about 5 weeks post-op from a posterior labrum repair in my right shoulder, which is my strong hand. It’s been a pain in the butt but getting better each week. Got my sling off last week and just started PT, which should take up the next few months. Hoping to be good to go for the spring but we’ll see.

Also make sure you get the anti-nausea and anti-constipation medications too because those are the very unpleasant side effects of opiods. Even taking them I was backed up for about 5 freaking days after my surgery and honestly that was more unpleasant than my shoulder pain.

Ice is your best friend.

Popping sound is not good. It might mean that you tore a ligament. I had something like this happen to me when I used to do a lot of sports.

Also yes, you probably know, but do exactly like the doctor says in rehab. Better to play safe than reinjure.

Good luck and speedy recovery S2K. I would imagine those pain meds with shots of scotch all while grading the finals could make for a nice x-mas present for those kids!

Good luck, Magician. Most of us owe you far more than a prayer for all the help you’ve given us. Sincere best wishes.

+1 Tommy83 Best wishes for a speedy recovery Magician. Merry Christmas too.

So those commericals for OIC treatments aren’t shitting us? Pun intended.

Hahah no they certainly aren’t. I found it amusing that they started airing like the same exact time I was going through that hell. Just trolling me as I sit there miserable.

Surgery went well: under two hours.

I’m back home, and the pain is quite manageable; the last narcotic I had (Norco) was 10 hours ago. I just have to work on flexion and extension.

(Worse than the pain was the itching from the pre-op antibacterial wipes I had to use: I felt prickly all over until a couple of hours ago when I got a shower.

Glad to hear it. Hope you start running with Kaleel again soon.

Glad to hear you are back home and the surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

And with Geordie as well.

Thanks, Greenman!

Glad to hear you’re out of the woods! How long of a timetable are you looking at recovery wise?

They say it’ll be 3 – 4 months to be at 80% – 90%, but close to a year to be back up to scratch.

Cheers S2k. You seem to be in good “spirits” and back in action.

Glad to hear :slight_smile: