Prayers, if you please

Thanks, guys!

You’re the best. I really appreciate it.

Today she said that she was in less pain: a good sign.

Just got back from spending the weekend with my wife out of town, so sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Wish her a speedy recovery.

I will say a word of prayer for your wife.

Dieu vous garde.

Merci beaucoup.

I’ve never been on a horse so can’t even imagine being thrown off, but I bet it isn’t pleasant! Hope she has a speedy recovery and isn’t put off riding.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for Mrs magician

Question regarding horse owning: How does an incident like this get registered? Does it have to be reported to some National Horse Owners registery? Is there such a thing as a psycho horse that would need to be put down because he refuses to be tamed?

I hope she gets well soon.

Yes, hope for speedy and full recovery.

That sucks. Hope she gets better soon.

Thanks!

In general, no.

AJ, though he’s almost 10 years old, has little experience in the big, wide, scary world. (Until we bought him last October, he’d rarely been off of the ranch where he was foaled.) Therefore, his reactions are a bit over the top sometimes. (Bear in mind that horses are prey animals: they have a strong flight instinct.)

There are breed-specific registries (AJ’s registered with the Arabian Horse Association), but no all-horse registry of which I’m aware.

I’m sure that there is, though I’ve never met one (thank God!). I have heard of horses attacking people (one of our acquaintances had a stallion grab her by the shoulder and throw her across an arena), but that’s rare, I believe. If you treat horses well, generally they treat you well. We know several people who have adopted wild mustangs, for example; they have become awesome riding horses, despite their very independent nature. (I saw a documentary on BLM (Bureau of Land Management) mustangs in which they mentioned a horse who ran through a fence: he broke a 6×6 with his forehead during his escape. He eventually became a spectacular riding horse.)

Prayers for you and the Mrs.

I’m so sorry to hear that, magician. Truly hope for her full recovery.

Hope for speedy recovery for your wife!

How’s she doing?

This is how S2000M handled the horse:

^ Now we know the real story. The Mrs. was thrown because he punched the horse.

Next time let the wife dismount BEFORE punching the horse.

Seriously, prayers for a quick and uneventful recovery.

She back to work and doing pretty well. Apparently two days ago when she was at the barn (for the horsey dentist), she was laughing and it didn’t hurt (much), so that’s a good sign.

Yesterday she went to see our family doctor. He told her that it was stupid for the ER doc to prescribe an nsaid as an anti-inflammatory; apparently nsaids inhibit the healing of bones. He prescribed a decongestant: apparently a side effect of this drug is up to 30% faster healing of bones.

All in all, she’s doing well. Thanks for asking.

It’s amazing to me how family can take precedent among all other things. We can have the most elite M’n’A’in on the Buyside job where your calendar is stacked to the brink. I almost have such a job. But when I got a text my mother was going into surgery, I told my boss I was leaving, ran out the door, grabbed a cab, and was on the first plane from JFK to ORD. Had a pal asked me to join him for lunch, I would have said I’m too busy.

Life happens.