Ray Rice

You knew he was going to miss games due to his suspension. Throw in the high likelihood of missing a couple more for injury, and you should have handcuffed him with either Pierce or Forsett.

I do, CYA-ing

I wonder if the NFL considered what is the best outcome for the wife. Is she better off for Ray Rice getting dropped from his team and indefinitely suspended (effectively losing his job)? I would argue she’s worse off. Him losing NFL income means less money she could have received in a divorce when his career “naturally” ended.

There is no other side of the story for punching a woman out like that. She could have said the worst thing imaginable to him and she still wouldn’t have deserved that.

OK, so even if the NFL and Ravens hadn’t seen the video of him punching her, they still knew it happened, so this shouldn’t be news all of a sudden.

It just sounds like the NFL wasn’t prepared for this sort of backlash, so it’s using the “breaking story” to cut ties with somebody in order to save face. Shame on you, NFL and Ravens.

(That’s not to say that he doesn’t deserve it. But they should have done it months ago, not the day after the season starts.)

^ Agreed

There is a judicial system to deal with issues like this. If he’s allowed to walk the streets, I believe he’s allowed to make a living, not only for himself but also for his victim.

Everyone would have been better off if they took a step back. Instead of cutting Rice, it would have been more pragmatic to make him take anger management classes, attend domestic abuse rehab programs and encourage him to make speeches in high schools around the country on how foolish it is to use violence. People would listen more to a Rey Rice type than to some random dude. And people are sympathetic with someone that turns his life around.

That video was pretty vicious. Women can say things that tick a man off like nothing else but that reaction was just … unfathomable.

Does his contract have a morals clause? If so, then, in effect, the judicial system (civil law, not criminal law) is dealing with it.

Brody Logan @BrodyLogan Harvey Levin from @TMZ told @TonyPerkinsFOX5 they will release news tomorrow that the NFL knew about the Ray Rice video & turned a blind eye

She was not the wife yet, only the fiancee.

My bad, she was the fiancee when he hit her. She then decided to marry him a few months after the incident. Go figure.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/janay-rice-on-instagram--husband-s-suspension--release-a--horrible-nightmare-125557783.html

now Janay is going on air saying how peolpe should back off.

Translation: my money is disappearing, stop ruining my man’s reputation bec I’m not getting my money now. And I’m too ugly to jump ship to another dude.

Ray lewis kills a man and gets off scot free. RR pimp slaps a hoe and gets banned. Double standards for Ray Rays. Free our homey from New Rochelle.

I actually sympathize with Ray Rice and his wife at this point.

I’m not saying that it’s OK to beat your wife/fiancee. But what I’m saying is, if Ray Rice gets fired because a video that has been around for months only just now surfaces (according to the NFL) and made things look worse than expected, then why doesn’t everyone at the NFL who mishandled the investigation also get fired? Why does Ray Rice lose his job and Roger Goodell gets to keep his?

I can’t wait till Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson chime in.

Exactly my thoughts. I have zero sympathy for her.

Ray Lewis didn’t actually kill anyone, he just helped the killers get away from the scene and then later lied to police.

^Which is a whole lot better than punching a woman who is threatening you and spitting on you. That’s why he got nary a punishment from the NFL and Ray Rice is no longer welcome to participate.

In fairness, I think Ray Lewis turned it around and became one of the genuine “good guys”. But that doesn’t change the fact that here’s another criminal who got absolutely no punishment for something that should have landed him behind bars. Meanwhile, Ray Rice gets suspended for life for something that even the local DA decided not to pursue.