Religious, what do you think of Athiest people?

that was a horrible, horrible attempt at a response - in no way have you sampled data on the reading habits, standing, or income for these groups of people. there is no premise to make the argument - it was just a group of words bunched together that in the end made no logical thought. you did say it was your opinion. but, just because you’ve seen facets of life that resemble a correlation doesn’t mean you can make a reliable conclusion about it and much less form an opinion of something with a sample set of 1.

I was mainly speaking just on the income & education. Obviously I have no clue about the reading habits or religion/lack there of.

There is a quite a bit of data published on the fact that homosexuals tend to be better off financially & have a higher percentage of college graduates.

I don’t know what is the wealth distribution of people who are either “agnostic” or “religious”. If you drive up into rich neighborhoods in CT, you will find a lot of Christian people.

What is correlated to wealth and education is probably the extent to which people allow religion to dominate their life and behavior. Stephen Hawking might say he believes in god, but his day-to-day behavior is probably completely non-religious. Contrast that to people who think it’s blasphemous to learn evolution in school, or who will blow up a shopping mall because their religious leader told them to do it.

The good thing about saying its my opinion is that mostly its an feeling you have and not based on big data analysis.

^so a lot of ur feelings thoughts and ideas are based on nothing and have nothing to back them up with? well done

Boston “its more than a feeling” starts cranking loudly in the background

What. A. Song.

As long as everyone in America subjogates to our constitution, we can all get along I would think. No, you can’t murder your daughter if she shames you. So sorry.

Agreed with Sweep. The atheists don’t have a stronghold on one political party. I would rather have an atheist political platform than a fervent religious one. (Note that I said “atheist” platform, not “antitheist”. I would be afraid that an antitheist would be…well…anti-religion. Which is bad in a great many ways.)

Why are religious people so afraid of things that are “anti religion”? What would be the implications of an anti religous political platform? Allowing abortion and same sex marriage?

Fixed that for you.

Not all religious people are so afraid.

Are you implying that people who condone abortion and same sex marriage do not believe in God? Have you seen the current administration in the US? Its called liberalism. Just because people are liberals does not mean they are ‘anti religious’. If you’re saying ‘what if an Athiest ran for office’, would he push abortion and same sex marriage? Not necessarily. The USA was founded on a country “under God”. Its unique because the founding fathers recognized the impact of a deity guiding their country to prosperity. This should not be understated and will most likely be a common theme in the future in this country. Religious people are not afraid of ‘anti-religion’. The greatest thing a religious person would fear is losing his soul. If he really did fear the person, it would be because the person is putting his soul in danger. Matthew 10:28 “Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

I’m not afraid of a-religious, or non-religious people. I don’t force my opinions on them and they allow me to worship the way I want to (within reason).

I AM afraid of anti-religious people who have a vitriol against religion and try eradicate it. I have a God-given and Constitutional right to worship how I want (within reason).

Note too that there are very few, if any, anti-religious people who have any chance of influencing social policy, so I’m not terribly worried about it.