School me on sports coats

tips

http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/clothes-make-the-man?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.ouGw07jqO

Go charcoal everything, matches most colours and it’s not boring like black is.

+1 Krasava

I’m gonna bump this and try to get some ideas… So I still haven’t bought one. I actually visited MANY stores, a staggering number from jos a bank to neiman Marcus, also the ones mentioned in this thread. I just want a dark gray with a light pattern but found nothing I liked. There was one at Zegna that was way more than I wanted to spend, even after 20% off. saw some interesting designs at hugo boss but their boutique was small and had very little selection. Fit was good though, would require minimal tailoring. Most I tried on fit horribly, would need to be altered quite a bit to look decent.

At one apartment I used to live at, some guys from Knot Standard came by and showed their collection. They do made to measure, produced in China. Cheaper but I dunno, still 800-2000 for a sports coat. Anyone deal with these guys? They have studios in major cities around the U.S.

Where did the edit post button go? I’m on an iPhone and don’t see it. Anyways, i was going to say, I put it off long enough. I should probably start dressing nicer for work.

and you want to achieve that goal by wearing a sports coat?

^ feel the Bern.

What’s wrong with a sports coat?

Absolutely nothing. In London, they equate dressing well with intelligence, productivity, etc. It’s like a beautiful wrapping paper job over a completely empty box. Nothing to worry about.

Best thing about a sport coat: If you wear it over a short-sleeve button down, nobody will know you’re wearing short sleeves.

nothing at all. North America is different - for good and for bad.

Sale going on here, maybe you’ll find something you like: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/sale/mens/sport-coats/0307,default,sc.html?pmin=1&start=0&sz=24&view=viewAll

Lesson three: Make fun of Lesson 2 and his silly sports jacket. What are those khakis?

may as well just give up and buy some of those slack shorts, an old navy t shirt (tucked in, of course) and white trainer. oh, and don’t forget the cap

Now we’re talking!

I’m more of a basketball shorts, white t shirt (or some other free t shirt I picked up somewhere), flip flops kind of guy. Will wear a cap sometimes.

Who the hell wears black slacks anymore?

I only own black slacks. They’re just pants, who cares?

Oh don’t give me that “who cares” attitude. You’re on here asking for fashion advice not me buddy. So somoene cares.

Well I don’t care about slacks, they are black, which everyone I know wears. I figured they’d be relevant to the sports coat discussion. You got a problem with black slacks?

No, I got a problem with you.