Schwab vs. Scottrade

That is simply not true for margins and shorts. My podunk Wells Fargo brokerage (FKA Wachovia) does margins and shorts alright. Can’t imagine Schwab or Scottrade to screw that up.

I always use limit orders so I don’t know about best fills.

So Bromion was right about IB’s stand-alone trading app. It’s very well thought out, everything on one screen, massively customizable, super-quick to enter trades, and view impact on portfolio margin before entering…feels like it was designed to be functional by people who actually trade all day. Works on mac too. Useful also that you can set up a “paper trading” simulated account, where you trade in real market conditions to try out complex strategies, see margin impact, etc. The iPhone app is solid too; view portfolio, enter trades, alerts, etc. Also these just guys just seem on-the-ball in general; real-time margin updates protect you and them, they have what appears to be a great “SMART” order-filling system, filling both the underlying and the hedge simultaneously or not at all. Massive upgrade coming from freakin’ Scottrade.

+1

This is either your error or no longer a problem. The reason I say that is Fidelity has an option to only accept 100% fill or not. So either you didn’t use that option or you did this before that option existed – either way, not much of a concern now. Unless you think you used that option and it still happened

Yes I am aware of that option and I didn’t use it. There’s no reason why there shouldn’t be 100 share blocks available. But why on earth would I want to purchase one share of a sub $10 stock? Who exactly is selling that to me?

I suppose you’re right though. Its my fault for not knowing I need to trade like a ninja just to have a long term investment filled properly.

^The algos are everywhere

https://intelligent.schwab.com/

This looks legit. Anyone have insight?

I remember you asking about this… it just became available this week. Have you looked into it any further, CvM?

Interacctive brokers is best if you know how to actively manage with no minimum monthly fees if you have over 100k, plus if you’re into leverage this is the cheapest. vangaurd is legit if you want etfs and no commis plus lowes costs and ur not a baller. i like fidelity juss cuz they have banking, credit card 2% cashback as rawraw said, and investment capabilities.

currently use chase, which has them 5% rewards by category. bangers.

i use vanguard right now. for my tax deferred/advantaged crap. ira/roth. prolly rolling my 401k in this beezy.

i own some shares for the company i work for and am vesting in 1.75 years. (2.25 years already in this beezy). when we monetize, im dumping it, quitting my job, and putting that to IB where i can leverage the shit out of it. at the same time i will leverage on student loans for an mba.

leverage really is amazing though. juss bought a e350 2013 cpo for 33k. no money down. 1% interest. plus they crediting me $1200 for 2 months. Essentiallly as of right now, i got a car, for nothing. when i got it with my dad, he was in disbelief. Only in AMERICA. lol. Got my family members uber blacking it. So its like i got a taxi cab company too. Leverage is the ticket. but risk management is key. dont blow up bros.

ischwab. is prolly goign to be the best of robo advisors due to scale. they gonna kill wealthfront. read an article on it yesterday where the wealthfront ceo essentially made the most retarded arguments. the panic is real.

Lots to digest here.

Schwab hands down. Look at the interface and quality of phone service. Scottrade is fucking amateur hour.

I’ve had 18 years with Schwab and 5 with Scottrade.

I know this thread was about Schwab vs Scottrade but I’d be more interested in hearing about Schwab vs IB.

I can’t tell how much of it is serious. I mean, sure, leverage is great when it goes your way but it cuts both ways. We aren’t all right all the time.