Series 7

Yeah, I thought the 63 (I took the 66, but the 63 sections…) was harder than the 7. Too many regulations and Blue Sky crap.

Still not a hard test though.

Agree with Sweep the Leg. For me, it seemed like it was just all memorization. I think a quick reading and lots of practice tests will help get the laws and regulations drilled in. Shouldn’t be too hard though.

What a tool.

Yes, go party the night before so you don’t break 90%.

So…did you pass 63? How many days of studying?

Yeah, I passed. Five days. Don’t remember my score.

I am going thru the series 65 on this fine Friday afternoon (law portion), and am really not enjoying it. broken heart

On one hand, it’s good to know every letter of the law. But 1) it’s so boring, and 2) there shouldn’t be convoluted federal/state law in the first place, and 3) we who are running private funds shouldn’t be subject to this harassment.

^Why do you have to take the 65? Being a CFA Charterholder, I am exempt from the 65.

Bump

Just FYI- I have the dubious honor of passing the 7 and 63 twice. I passed in 2005, let it lapse, and passed again in 2015.

Read “series 7 for dummies” and take a lot of tests.

For the 63–I don’t know. I watched a video by Kaplan that helped make a lot of sense out of it and took a lot of tests. But if I can pass it in less than a week (while working and being a father of two) then it should be easily passable.