Should political discussion be banned on AF?

I think there’s more than one person contributing to the nastiness. It’s just that who takes that spotlight changes from moment to moment.

what’d i miss? was someone making nasty comments? I thought the discussion have been really informative and entertaining.

I think these problems would be solved by creating a second Water Cooler. We could name it “Safe Space.” I am requesting this inside of this particular thread topic instead of the Feed Back forum because, as evidenced in the election thread, I have become a target of a hateful troll by the name of Palantir who has time and time again called my preferred candidate a dummy and then attacked my gender/race by calling my marginalized group “privileged.”

This belongs in the feedback forum.

I would just use 1 of my other 14 log-ins.

just give 2 day time outs to nasty posters (who get personal). Since they will always want the last word, eventually they be suspended so often that they will take their conversations to another forum, or just go direct through Whatsapp. winning.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. This next week should be interesting.

This place sucks with all the election talk. Virtually the whole front page of the WC is election BS, much of it random BS that should be in one mega hellfire of a thread, instead of individual ones where our resident troll is hyperactive recently and everybody insists on feeding it.

I’m out until this dumpster fire is put out.

I’ve got to agree with kanuck. I scan through the topics to find a non-election topic and if I don’t find one within 15s I’m out. I don’t think banning politics altogether will work, but perhaps combining it into one giant thread may be a compromise that allows other conversations to exist in WC until all this simmers down.

It’s the most relevant thing going, for America, and for global markets…people are going to talk about it.

Are your facebook feeds now back to kittens or something?

You can’t turn anywhere without tons of politics discussions as far as I can tell. I don’t think this is an AF issue so much as the times we live in.

Given that the election was a surprise to both the winners (mostly) and the losers, it’s going to be a little longer before this dies down.

I capitulated and either disconnected political folks I don’t know well or unfollowed them on social media about a week before the election. It’s been really nice.