Target- layoffs and the future

The amount of pro wal-mart sentiment from this post is surprising.

IMO:

Wal-mart = K -mart

Target = Kohls with food and eletronics.

BTW about half my plain t-shirts are from Target and im proud of it!

Walmart sells guns and ammo, more 'murican.

speaking of 'murican. i told my 3 yo that Trix is “America cereal” b/c it’s not avaiable in Canada except on a limited time basis and he’s saying 'Dad. Can I have ‘murica ceeyal’ like a hillbilly. you had to be there. btw, all America only cereals (e.g. Trix, Cookie Crisp, Fruity Pebbles) taste like poison.

gah, that’s incredibly cute cheeky

+1 to cute.

At the risk of sounding like an ungrateful immigrant, a LOT of American food tastes unnatural. Even though companies are reducing processing now, they start with such a high level of industrialization in the food chain that it’s still nothing like real food you get in other countries. Compare Budweiser to any European beer. Compare Quaker Oats to real oatmeal. Even chicken has no taste unless raied organically (and then you pay 3 times as much per pound.)

Amazon seems to be doing Walmart’s strategy by at first offering prices lower than competitors, except that it does it in all markets at once instead of places it opens a store at. I’m ultimately curious how elastic it will be as prices rise eventually

amazon makes no money. that being said, i love amazon prime. may investors continue to be stupid and never raise my fees.

It doesn’t have to make a dollar to kill everyone else though.

Target is getting what they deserve. As a retail executive myself I have recognized their failures on a number of different levels and they are no longer suitable to survive in the market place. The greatest failure a business can have is not failing within the first five years, but succeeding and being profitable for several only to be too prideful(i.e. expanding into Canada, credit card failures) to know their identity and improve upon it. Target will go out of business within the next 5 years and I will have no sympathy for them and reap the rewards with my growing retail chain.

Their supply chain and inventory management is horrible.

I wish you and your knockoff sunglas kiosk luck

da fuq?

You referencing the same Target?

yea but dats the shady part. its killing everyone because their investors dont care about profits. so they can reduce their prices to a point where they can kill other biznesses. if anything they are hampering profits for other ppl. das a tailwind for other retailers if anything.

except no. AMZN has similar EBITDA margins as other low cost providers. They just invest $$ in new projects/expansion rather than taking it to the bottom line. Investors historically have been OK with mgmt using funds for growth rather than dividends/share buybacks