The Apple (AAPL) thread

My conservative price target is around 140, still some upside to go!

Yeah, I’ve given up on Android.

Switching to Apple and getting it over with.

It’s a nice phone. I can’t fairly compare it to the S6 though since I haven’t actually used an S6. It does have better battery life than my S3 and the screen is much easier to read in bright sunlight. My reason for going iPhone was primarily that I have a ton of stuff in iTunes.

If 98% of AF members typed this I wouldn’t have cared but I am frankly dissapointed that you would type this. I always felt you had great judgment but can’t back you up on this one.

iPhone is the best, everyone has realized that by now. It’s only a few contrarians left, like my IT buddy who works for Microsoft and has a “Window’s phone” (WTF is that?). He just likes to be different, “oh Apple is so hipster, look at my clunky Window’s phone with a 500pg manual, it’s so non-user friendly, it challenges my intelligence!”.

samsung hasnt been doing too well. looks like apple is dominating again.

i actually thought samsung/htc has a chance - too bad they blew it

I don’t think it’s by choice, my buddy used to work for microsoft as well and he was given a windows phone.

Oh my guy loves PCs, windows, and all that. He just won’t give up the fight!

I love PC and windows too probably because my work stuff all run on windows. But I do love mac OS designs.

Other than better battery life and a screen I can read in the sunlight, I don’t see where it is any better than my S3. As noted in another post, I switched primarily because I have a ton of music and movies in iTunes and it’s a pain transferring stuff over to a Samsung. In total fairness, I did play around a bit with an S6 in the store and I didn’t like how it felt in my hand (the edge was kind of sharp and I don’t use a case). Since the iPhone 6 “performs” basically the same as my S3, I assume the S6, being 3 generations beyond the S3, is a superior phone in terms of performance. I’m not a heavy phone user though, so iPhone 6’s 3 generation old performance relative to Samsung doesn’t bother me.