Time to re-think hacksaw methodology

Word.

Around here, Texas Tech is by far the most common university represented among all professionals. Of course, it’s only two hours away and has undergrad enrollment of 30,000. In reality, however, its curriculum is probably the same as every other big regional university/state school anywhere. But because it’s “Wreck 'em, Tech”, people like to see it on a resume.

If you showed up with an identical degree from Williams and Sonoma or whatever else Forbes listed, that’s probably about as good as an online degree. Certainly not as good as Texas Tech.

^ This is true everywhere outside Itera’s office

I have to agree with the ranking because most of these small liberal arts colleges have well connected alumni and network is all that matters.

“college” as a concept was supposed to offer an overall better, well-rounded education, it wasn’t really designed to teach just a skill set just for career like plumbing school. so liberal arts “fits” that idea.

The problem is that when people pay tons of $$ and come out without a solid skill set, then congrats you got a rounded education that leaves you screwed for an actual career for making money. That to me is a big fail.

I’d say 70/30 or 80/20 workskills/rounded-bullcrap sounds like a good mix to me

^ i disagree. Most jobs/careers do not require a technical skill but rather critical thinking and writing skills. Everything else you will be trained on how the company wants it to be done.