Tips for new L3 Candidates

^Thxs, man…appreciated.

Hey Guys,

not sure if anyone else finds themselves in the same boat as Iam. I recently passed the CFA L2 exam, and i have used the Wiley or Elan guides as a prep and i heavily relied on their videos to master the concepts and nail down the tough topics in both L1 and L2 and i feel like i excelled in these difficult topics on the exam mostly because of the videos and ample practice of course. I never read the curriculum, except for ethics and maybe just referring to it when things were ambiguous.

But what I am gathering from my research is that L3 is a different beast and I don’t know if Videos plus practice would suffice for L3? and looking at Wiley’s current offering for L3 they indicate they have 50 + hours of videos which is less than half of the hours of videos that are available for L2. Just a quick browse of the L3 readings… i find there is a lot of information and very detailed and the LOS of topics are very vague, hence you are faced with a challenge of how deep do you need understand certain things… not sure if there is a strategy to approaching this.

Also, I’m now faced with a dilemma if i need to choose more than 1 prep provider to have a fair shot at this exam… Any thoughts or comments especially from recent charterholders much appreciated!