The issue with Canadian immigration is that we encourage people to retain much of their home country values. Whether the Indians in Brampton or Chinese in Markham and Richmond or the mix of South Asians in North East Calgary, these communities have effectively become ghettos. There are hundreds of thousands of Canadians with no English or French skills that live, work and recreate with no connection outside of their ethnic group. Completely different than the US. Much more similar to the European experience, which has been a disaster. People immigrate to the U.S. to become American and live the American dream. People immigrate to Canada because of our generous social programs and the ability to live like you’re in Delhi but earn North American salaries. There are financial services and real estate people in Canada with near zero English language skills that make bank just servicing these ghettos.

Make Canada Great Again!

as a guy who grew up in browntown, it has never been the worst of the GTA communities. Ajax and Oshawa are and will always be the buttholes of the GTA. Brampton is two separate communities. old Brampton (basically anything north of Queen and west of the 410) is still majority white, and looks much more like south Mississauga in terms of racial makeup. Bramalea (everything else) is basically 80% south asian and “other” brown. Bramalea has always been the settling ground for south asians. i don’t think you can take this one community and blame the entire canadian immigration policy on this one area. Bramalea is unlike any other community on the planet. most of the bad perception that Brampton receives is due to outright racism. if you live or have lived there, yeah, it’s different and sometimes weird, but the people are just like any other people. i’d much rather live in brown and curry-air brampton than live in white and stabby oshawa.

as a side note. brown guys are notorious for bringing their entire neighborhood to a fight. either don’t get in a fight with them or bring a gun.

also, anyone saying you can’t assimilate or relate to a racial community that isn’t your own is stupid. step outside of your box and get to know someone in that community and then you’ll have a door into that community. this is the process of infiltrating any other community, whether it be segregated by wealth, race or whatever.

I used to get into fights with indians back in UK all the time. Good thing was I had Irish friends who were there for me.

Have you been to Los Angeles in the last 30 years?!?

#seriously

@ atush. one thing i will admit is that i enjoy the company of actual indians over canadian indians. actual indians actually have distinct and interesting culture whereas canadian indians are generally an entitled lot with no personality.

Define ghetto… I wouldn’t call any of the Ontario cities/towns you listed as ghetto.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/06/08/toronto-raptors-fan-ejected-for-heckling-during-ecf-shot-murdered-video/?utm_campaign=blackadamschefter&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sr_share=facebook

Poor guy.

One thing for sure is that “atush” is manufactured. The “personality” even changes. What does the face behind the screen name get out if it. Is it that entertaining? I’m at a loss.