True or false?

I think OP is correct. Most guys at the gym are pretty short. Then again, I’m a chiseled 6’4 so most people look short to me.

I think it is an inverted U curve, or maybe multiple peaked M curve.

What most people fail to realize is that most buffed up types at the gym are usually steroid Junkies.No matter how good your diet and recovery is you just cannot grow beyond a certain point and that point is somewhat limited.Most probably your friend is eating clean and not using anything to manipulate his recovery/hormones in a significant way.

Yea isn’t there a mathematical formula for how much muscle a given frame can naturally hold?

Is that “10 pounds” on the internet like “2 beers” at a traffic stop?

We’re the same height, but when I lift I quickly build out to what most would call “buffed up” my brothers are the same way. This guy, on the other hand looks like a stick figure. Testosterone levels very hugely from person to person. Most athletes just naturally have high testosterone and win the “athletic genes” lottery. I’ve always thought the rules against steroids unfairly disadvantage people born with lower T levels.

The term for these guys is ‘manlet’ and the cut off is 5’9 which is handy because I’m 5’10. Short guys tend to look pretty ridiculous when they stack on muscle.

The bro science video nailed it with the body dysmorphia point, people get lost in the gym culture and end up looking pretty ridiculous.

As for steroids, it doesn’t take too long in the gym to figure out who is natty and who isn’t

No it doesn’t.Anyone buffed up beyond a certain point has to either have Very good genes or they are juicing up. The good genes is very rare to find.

People don’t understand that most chicks don’t really care about big muscles, only one muscle they potentially care about you can’t really make bigger by working out…

what about a big buttocks on a tall guy? I just did a Brazilian wax bros, that ish hurts.

With impeccable diet and proper supplementation, one can achieve this ‘buffed up beyond a certain point’ thing you’re talking about. It just takes a hell of a lot longer than it would with steroids.

Being able to tell when someone is ‘on something’ is as simple as looking at the size of their waist if they’re relatively lean. Lifters that don’t take roids or hgh will have a way smaller midsection and those who are on the juice.

women love a big ass though. Make sure you do heavy squats.

but i think all expets agree that there is a natural diminishing rate at which you can add muscle without help. When you start maybe it’s 1 pound per month, but after 5+ years it’s 1-2 pounds per year and diminishes from there (age is also a factor) from what I’ve read. so there is a practical ceiling, and from some examples I’ve seen on youtube the size of a guy or girl who is pushing that upper limit is by no means a freak beast. The amount of food/fuel/protein consumption and work required to exceed those natural limits is just impossible.

yup, roid belly. fat head also.

Fat head? Or just big neck?

barry bonds hat size went up something like 3 full sizes over his career.

What causes it? Fluid? Does the skull change? Muscle I’m not familiar with?

i think it’s actually fatty tissue accumulating on top of the skull but i’m not sure.

Op, id say youre right to an extent. Cant fault them for trying to even the playing field.

for sure. It’s based on genetics and age and all that shit.

I question whether people understand the difference between taking supplements and taking roids. My point was that for the average gym goer, they’re going to see some ripped guy or girl and automatically assume they’re taking roids or whatever because they themselves have not achieved those results.

and back to the op’s question about short dudes, i think all about visual perception.