"Twinkie Maker Hostess to Close"

So this begs the question, would a merger produce Bimbo Twinkies or Twinky Bimbos?

Hostess is owned by a few private equity firms. I have to think that those firms determined that they can make a nice enough profit on their investment by selling off the brands.

I’m sure they would have preferred to have a working and viable company though…

Bchad, respect.

Now the sht will get twisted and the greedy PE Numilike guys will get raked over the coals for making all that money at the expense of 18,500 employee losing their jobs, a week prior to Thanksgiving.

An exit is an exit. As long as it provides a return the funds’ investors are happy with, really doesn’t matter.

From what I’ve read, the company’s other unions accepted similar deals to what these guys rejected, so the other unions are pissed at the employees, not management.

The peak for Twinkies was when it was featured for a full half hour on a Seinfeld episode.

The people who are saying unions are a good thing a bunch of idiots. You make it seem like people are going to get paid minimum wage with zero benefits without unions. For semiskilled to skilled labor positions obviously people are going to get paid fairly. If the company could not attract quality employees, they are going to have to pay more. That’s how free markets work. There is no reason in the world why a laborer needs to get 6 figures with a pension and why cops are getting 200-250k per year plus 80% of that a year in pension. That is unions in Massachusetts and California and that’s why CA has a budget problem. These idiots at Hostess destroyed a company and they did it at the holiday season. No sympathy here. BChadwick, eat a dick why people praise you is beyond me you are a complete fool 99% of the time.

Not necessarily, this is PE we’re talking about, they are there to make money, nothing else. If they can recognize a nice profit breaking up the company they will without really thinking too much about the other stakeholders.

hey asswipe…PEOPLE ARE GETTING PAID MINIMUM WAGE WITH ZERO BENEFITS WITHOUT UNIONS… I have held several jobs where I regularly worked 40hrs and overtime but management intentionally classified me as part time to avoid paying simple benifts such as paid time off, vacation, let alone medical insurance. I am talking about furtune 500 companies. I come from a modest background so ALL of my circle are the working poor. I see them getting fucked all the time. A close friend of mine and his brother have been working for the same company for over 3 years. The owners work them to death with no benefits, or overtime pay. GO STUFF THAT BAT UP YOUR ASS.

classic - there was a funny episode of man vs wild with bear and will ferrell — the Twinkie was for emergency purposes only, will ferrell eats it the moment bear turns his back … haha

Feeling emotionally unstable again, Blake? You should get that looked into. That’s an awful lot of ineffectual hate dripping out of you over someone who didn’t even say that unions are always good.

U mad brah? LMAO

You and your family members are working unskilled labor jobs. That’s why you are getting minimum wage. I also find it hard to believe that “furtune 500 companies” that you and your family have worked for are not paying overtime for working over 40 hours. It is illegal. When I was in high school working an unskilled labor job at a non-union grocery store, I was getting overtime on Sunday and all holidays, overtime on 40+ hours, etc. This was in the late 80s and early 90s. I was also getting paid ~1.50 per hour over minimum wage base pay. Sounds to me like you either don’t know what you are talking about, and/or a doormat.

Let’s get back to what’s important here.

Starting a business during the Great Depression and surviving that era is commendable. You would think any company that can survive 25% unemployment rate can survive any economic challenges.

Dunno what crawled up Blake’s ass.

Key takeaway here is Blake is ancient as hell and shouldn’t be spending Saturdays indoors trolling online.

Being in your 30s is old? Planning a trip to Jackson Hole now, I’ll whoop your ass son!

Time has not been kind to Blake…i don’t blame time.

Yo, could someone piece blake off with some lithium, I think he’s missing his.