Waffle makers?

This would be centuries old. Two centuries, to be exact.

And would you mind sharing the recipe?

LOL

If you want to be exact, it would be 2.2 centuries.

^ He was making the waffles 30+ years ago, so slightly less than 2 centuries.

I don’t have any issue with waffles themselves, but I always found it extravagant to purchase an appliance with this sole purpose. I guess it’s worth it if you use it enough.

Washington hated waffles, he was a pancake guy. His pancake griddle is on display at the Washington Crossing State Park a few minutes from my house.

Poor guy never lived to have an eggo.

Oops.

Typo.

Fixed.

You mean to say that you don’t own a leatherbound 1795 original Joy of Cooking cookbook? Hacksaw…

but it’s got so many more uses than just making waffles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfotAmgzNn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOGBH3A8Bhc

There’s actually a book on Amazon called “Will It Waffle?”, which apparently has many ways to use your waffle maker to make stuff other than waffles.

I hear some guy uses a waffle iron to make sneaker soles.

The uses are endless.

Since BS referenced it, I figured I’d bump it.

So I went and bought a fairly standard el cheapo waffle maker. I figured that, at some point, it’s a waffle maker, and there’s a max that I’m willing to pay. (I think $20 is it.)

I don’t use S2000’s recipe, though. I just use the Pioneer mix with eggs and oil and milk. And Aunt Jemima Butter Lite syrup.

Whatever. The kids love their waffles.

Ironically, one of the two times a year that I use my waffle maker was a few Sundays ago. The kids liked them so much I had to make a second batch. I asked them the following Sunday if they wanted waffles again and they said no, they wanted our usual Sunday “big breakfast” of eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast.

Sure glad they liked those waffles. I hope you didn’t have to sacrifice too much of your children’s love preparing them.

They asked me to buy them dogs and horses to make up for it.

I don’t quite understand this comment, but why do I get the feeling that I have to call some child endangerment hotline now?

Any particular breeds?

I’d recommend collies and Arabians, respectively. In particular, collies are incredible with little kids: they adopt them immediately, protect them unflinchingly, and herd them like sheep.

So other than hairiness and color pattern, what’s the difference between a collie and a border collie?