Ways to Improve AF

Add new sections for accounting designations like CPA/ACCA/CA etc.

Greenman will get lonely tho

Start an AF paper portfolio where registered users can vote a stock weighting into or out of a portfolio. The logistics are tough, need to think more on that, but I would be interested to see how a portfolio of 3D printing and synthetic Alibaba and short TGT would perform.

It’s funny you bring this up. I forget who mentioned it last year in Investments, but Chad replied and actually set up a competition. Unfortunately, it was on a site I couldn’t access at work, so I never entered or paid attention.

IIRC, Chad promised a $100 gift card to the winner. We also had another competition last year. Anyone remember Chad promising to give out a free dopp kit to the member that started the thread that got the most replies that week?

As far as I know, the winners were never paid out. Get your pitchforks people. CHAD! What’s up dude?

I do think more respect for women would be an improvement. krnyc has a point that it wouldn’t be bad for the women to “grow a pair” (though is that really the right metaphor?), but showing some basic respect as you would in a normal social setting is also important.

I don’t know the degree to which AF policy can help this. Perhaps having a female board member is not a bad idea, if we can find a volunteer…

No. There are special forums on the interwebz for people like…that…

Install the AF Hall of Fame

MOAWR COWBELL!

How does this relate to the Hacksaw threads?

The post total would drop by 75%. I know you’re joking, but I’m not.

This is the only place where you will get unfiltered thoughts from guys as opposed to what you want to hear from the guys you meet in real life. What I type here is what I believe; in real life, I say what I have to say to get what I want from the opposite sex.

• infinity

The idea has been my baby for 2 years now. I refuse to die or more likely leave the site before it’s implemented. Years from now we’ll look back and ask why did it take so long to have a hall of fame.

^ would it be by user? By thread?

^ To get inducted:

Chad + 3/4 of moderators + 75% of voting regular members

* regular member: at least 1000 AF points + at least 2 years registered on the site

Maybe not the only place, but one of the better (and amusing) aspects of AF is getting to hear those unfiltered thoughts.

You’re welcome

By user

We better get this done before guys like JDV get forgotten. It would be a shame not to immortalize him.

is blake like pete rose?

JDV, like polka, will never die.