What Jobs Can You Really Get With a Level 2 CFA?

If you want a job. Here’s my advice. Go to barrons top advisors lists. If you can figure out their contact information and cold call, you will probably get a job as long as you have a degree. How do I know this? My friend did it. I got my job the old fashioned way, through my school career services, but he was able to do it from a non-target school. And the best time to take the CFA tests is when you are young, unimportant, and a student/analyst. Life gets in the way once you are older since more is expected from you. So here’s to the 25 and under group. You should prolly get the CFA before your MBA, it is cheaper, and it’ll prolly increase your chances to getting to a target mba schools. CFA gets you respect (at least in the finance industry). MBA gets you a network with people who have net worth. I think the average MBA student is 28 too. Just food for thought.

Hi,

I have a question that could be a little bit off topic but I cannot found any better place to ask.

I’m 25, Polish, with Master degree in finance from the best polish bossiness school, with PRM and pretty good job in Warsaw in risk management.

I would like to find a new job in another country (in EU) in an entry level and the question is do you think that CFA Level I would help with that. It’s only about the recognition of qualification, I’m aware that my university doesn’t mean much in UK (comparing even to the second class UK universities, regardless if it’s better or not).

The CFA Level I wouldn’t cost me much time in preparing as there is completely nothing new for me in the Curriculum (I have even started my preparation), it’s much more about money and I’m not sure if Level I is worth it.

(I don’t want to move to another country because of money, as I probably will have similar standard of living as I have here in Warsaw , but I just want to try something else[I’m pretty convinced about that])

(I know that I could have some problems with English but I’m working on it)

In my recent interview the interviewer was impressed i cleared l1 in dec and l2 in june.I got the job

Dont worry keep trying and praying

Good job, vicky_cool400. We need people who can stand up against all the gloomy schadenfreudsters.

I have thought about called calling, even prepared a list and numbers, but even after clearing level 3 i feel i dont have anything tagbile so i am sort of scared, yes SCARED…so now working on some models so i can send it to them along with the resume… last ray of hope.

As others have previously mentioned, I would focus much more on the job hunt but still sit the exam. Having completed all 3 levels of the CFA won’t mean as much without having tangible work experience that you can leverage into your dream role later (possibly after a Master’s/MBA if you choose that later on). Treat the search/networking as a FT job now, and try to sneak in those 3 hours “after work”.

Unfortunately, I think that a lot of graduates who are having a tough time finding jobs resort to a certification to try to help set themselves apart. It’s good in theory; however, they tend to falter in both the job search and the studying, so they wind up with neither.

Go for both if/while you can, just remember which one comes first.