Whom do you want to be the POTUS in 2017?

I can absolutely promise you he thinks he can win. It goes beyond that even. He knows he’s going to win. He believes he has some sort of mandate and most Americans actually agree with him.

You have to win your party’s primary first, though, and most of the people who vote in the primaries tend to be the ones that are farthest to the right/left.

And if the Democrats put up a far-left candidate (Hillary), then why shouldn’t the Republicans put up a far-right one?

Nobody votes for presidents based on their academic credentials, it’s beyond irrelevant. This is not AF where we only tolerate Top 3 or hacksaw. If Cruz is seen as stupid by the majority of voters, then he’s a pretty poor candidate.

Again, I’m not a supporter due to his extreme positions, but Cruz is a very smooth talker, knows his stuff, and thinks quickly on his feet (no teleprompter needed). Due to the general liberal leanings of US media, the vast majority of Americans only see short soundbites of some of his wacko statements (of which ther are many), but he can out debate anyone who joins the republican fray. If people watch but don’t really pay attention to his positions, they will be impressed by him after a debate.

Hillary is far left? Why because she’s a woman? Hillary’s vote for the Iraq war should disqualify her from running as a democrat. That O’Malley guy looks promising.

Hillary is very moderate, which upsets me because I would never vote for her (due to my extreme hatred for pant suits). Jeb Bush is also very moderate. There’s actually little difference between the two.

I guess Uncle Joe shoud resign the vice presidency then.

Greenman, that is an ignorant statement on hispanics will vote for him because of his last name. Yes he has a latino last name but a lot of Mexican-Americans will not vote for him.

bring back Ross Perot!

Clearly these people were not “well informed” if they actually believed Ted Cruz was of Mexican decent.

Wait . . . you mean that Penelope Cruz is Mexican?

I never knew that.

Ted Cruz is Hispanic like Charlie Sheen is Hispanic.

^Carlos Estevez, if you please.

Scott Walker

Not sure what you mean by this.

As someone said above, all candidates pretend to be far left/right in the party primaries and then pivot to the center in the general election. Famously, Mitt tried to do that but he was too transparent (despite having passed the Turing test all these years.)

And stop picking on Greenman, he was being facetious. Penelope Cruz ith from Thpain.

Don’t know anything about Scott Walker beyond that he is the gov of WI and broke public sector unions’ backs by making WI a right-to-work state. Is he a typical anti-abortion anti-gay bible thumper NRA-loving redneck or is he a closet Democrat?

Neither.

I mean both are Hispanic in theory, but neither makes it part of his presentation (or policy, in the case of Ted). So, it’s not like Jose is going to walk across the US-Mexico border and decide that Ted Cruz is the champion of everything he stands for. This is supportive of the guy who said that Hispanics aren’t just going to line up to vote for Cruz due to his ethnicity.

The presidential election is a showpiece, sports for those who don’t like sports but still want to feel like they’re on the winning side. Regardless of who wins, nothing important will change.

Clinton – but I don’t really feel strongly about it nor do I actually know all that much about the candidates.