Why 25% of Millennials Will Never Get Married

^And women will never sign a prenup.

When I was getting married, I tried to test her reaction to the topic of prenup through some light prodding. The response was something like “haha ohai, you are so funny. What a good joke.”

There’s no milk in the cow though, so why even bother.

Just curious what would you put there? I think prenap is a sensible thing to do

weakness

Unless the woman comes from money or has a job that pays on par with Ohai’s or better, a prenup does sound like he’s saying, “I just want you to know that if I decide to dump you for someone prettier, I’m keeping everything.”

If she has stuff she wants to protect, of course a prenup is going to be a useful conversation.

why get married if you arent going to buy property soon or anything? Its not like people wait for marriage to bang anymore. My gf and I both agree the only reason to get married is really for if we were going to buy an apartment/house/condo to offer us both protection in the event of a break up.

^exactly. Marriage is an outdated practice that provides very little benefit to the man and only some benefit to the woman. Most of these are related to tax savings and purchasing power. It’s a societal pressure that isn’t necessary anymore…

I think another main reason that people aren’t getting married anymore, or as fast as they used to, is because they’re always holding out for something better. People tend to leave a relationship with fixable issues instead of working to resolve them. When they do leave, there’s a perceived plethora of ‘options’. The issue then repeats itself because the single millennials are ‘dating’ or ‘seeing’ multiple people at a time, never really getting to know one person on a deeper level and always have options on the burner. Social media has propagated the issue because we’re always looking at everyone’s best moments, and want these moments for ourselves, further delaying the ability to take ownership of our own issues and figure out what it is we actually want. it’s a clusterfuck.

^it’s a strange convo isnt it? ftr, i bought with my gf and can say you can still go through the process unmarried with protective measures just in case something comes up.

what if she decides to dump him where is his protection?

Precisely. Visiting the USA and it appears the cool new trend is polyamory?..as if relationships in the West were not enough of a cluster.

The wife and I reject all of it. No feminism, no polyamory, no “options”, traditional male/female roles (man does stuff outside of cave and gives orders, female supports the man, follows the orders, and cleans the cave), easy, done. Not surprisingly we have none of the crappy developed world relationship problems.

People just go along with these society trends without thinking.

Yes, good point. So the conversation should be about what’s in the prenup. I’m just saying that when Ohai brings up a prenup first, that’s what she is likely to hear, along with “so you’re assuming this is eventually going to end?”

three thoughts.

lesser or no church involvement can be given some of the blame for fewer marriages.

fewer households are being created due to greater mobility, which is partly due to a large part of the population going to post-secondary schooling. why settle down for good if you don’t know whether you or your partner are going to be in the same geographic area. the woman no longer follows the man around the country to find work. they are both moseying around the country to find work.

a lack of a wedding ring means you’re still up for grabs. the biggest benefit of marriage is to officially take your partner off the market. there is no other way to say this without a ring. she can wear a “fake” ring but at that point, why not just make the formal commitment if there are any other (e.g. tax, etc) benefits.

But if she readily agrees, wouldn’t you think the same?

Classic argument from the female side, questioning your commitment while hers is beyond reproach. Lose this battle and she will have your balls forever. #RIPOhaiBalls

Perhaps, unless she is saying “ok, well, I keep everything of mine and yours.” :wink:

More seriously, I guess it’s hard to talk about these things because it presumes the dissolution of something that one (or both) parties is hoping will last forever. It may be easier to talk about wills than to talk about prenups, strangely.

its called insurance, why dont people understand that. if im marrying a rich chick and shes loaded i wont have an issue with signing a pre nup.

there is no free lunch

im just glad ohai was allowed to keep the only thing that matters, his AF membership

business idea: prenup app - where is ACE?

I guess you’d call it PreNApp.