Why are people going for CAIA after passing CFA+FRM??

First, please learn to spell. And did you just call me dear? At least put a “no homo”…I feel uncomfortable now. Since you have 0 experience you are not an FRM holder, you did know that before you took the exam right? The designation requires work experience. How do you know it’s more demanding than CAIA? I mean I’m not pushing CAIA on you or saying it is more demanding (i actually thought it was quite easy, compared to CFA that is) but looks like youre just taking your educationalist’s words as the final word. Form your own opinions. Calling “no racist” here (how you called “no disrespect” in the beginning) but hell will freeze over before I’m “jealous” of an Indian dude. Also, qualifications is not only degrees and designations…it is about work experience…since you have none, that’s why I said you had no qualifications.

Del.

Dear its a spelling mistake and it does not mean any thing.40% of doctors in USA are indians,40% of researchers in Nasa are indians,31% of employees in IBM are indians…list can go on and on…we are doing very well in your country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXHoSfUjfEE

Check it US media declares indians are more successful than…

You can be as racist as you want but i am not going to pass racist remarks on you at all.

On top of that we are just 1% of USA’s population.

Its not “youre” it should be spelt “you are”…but again i am not going to humiliate you on this since i am kind enough to know that you did it by mistake.

how about just “you’re”…I wasn’t being racist.

it should be “obviously” instead of “obvi”…when you do spelling mistakes it’s fine but when i do it then “perhaps i have done biggest crime on earth”

University of Buckingham is indian university for you???

lol…wow anyone want to explain slang and shorthand vs spelling to this guy? I’m tired.

Don’t you have level I to prepare for?

I’m getting tired just reading through this thread. I’m done with it. Rahul, thanks for the entertainment.

You are welcome.

Brother i am 100% sure i will pass CFA atleast till level 2 comfortably.

Before i took FRM last year,my tutor advised me to learn by heart every thing which was in schweser uptil CFA l2.After that he taught me for 2 weeks some additional concepts like garh/ewma/merton/kmv/current issues etc.I followed this strategy and passed FRM both levels in 1 sitting.Being from a non finance background it was quite a achievement for me.I feel FRM prepares you very well for CFAL1/L2 since it has most topics (except FRA) in more depth as compared to CFA.

Brother thanks for concern its really a great experience to argue with you all.Forgive me if i went over board in my previous posts.

Just go study.

For a less heated opinion:

The educationalist seem to have a conflict of interest. If he or she teaches CFA and FRM, CAIA students are money that’s not coming in. Maybe he or she doesn’t have the time or the will to also teach CAIA - who knows?

You may value the opinion of hedge fund managers or whoever has the power to hire you. Depending on industry, company, country, or even specific person, perceptions will vary a lot. If I had to guesstimate an average, I’d say CFA is viewed as “that’s nice” - everything else is viewed as a little bit above “whatever”. Of course averages suck - the average human has roughly half a penis and half a vagina.

As for the programs, CAIA is different than both FRM and CFA, although it does have some overlap (and really, what doesn’t overlap with CFA?)

I’ll probably take or read carefully the recommended books for a bunch of certifications. In my case it’s just because I’m trying to find little tidbits of knowledge to help me build better investment skills.

As for actually taking the exams, that costs some money, but it can give a psychological advantage in that one may study harder with a real deadline. I think the credentials themselves aren’t very important, but they will only hurt if you keep flashing them around like you’re some big shot because of a few tests.

I’m still undecided on becoming a CFA charterholder, and yet I actually like most of these certifications since they compose a pretty nice summary of some of the most important things in each field of study.

Peace and love.

Poop and pee.

Ah, finance people are so civilized. It seems being an “industry insider” does not improve on the insecurity levels of some…

I have no idea how this post became such a shit where people were found insulting each other’s nationalities (directly or indirectly).What started of as a simple opinion about a less known certification like CAIA infront of giants like CFA has turned into a sour soup for all stakeholders concerned.Hope we maintain minimum etiquette in future conversations.

I totally agree.

From what I understand as well, the top MBA programs won’t accept you if you already have an MBA. .