Why do people celebrate mediocrity?

I don’t see anything wrong with mediocrity. All you d-bags on here with your type-a personalities can suck my big fat lack of work ethic.

Go ahead, go get another promotion, I don’t give a damn. Did you make VP? Big whoop! Do you work for Goldman, well Mazeltov buddy! I still don’t care.

I’m gonna be balls deep in Eastern European strange, taking naps, and getting drunk followed by more strange, this time from Brazil. I’m gonna have Russian for Breakfast, French for Lunch, and Brazilian for Dinner. Now and then I’ll order a late night curry or chinese. I’m gonna create an army of illigitimate little chicken tikkas in every country with strange worth having. I’m gonna do this until I die in bed with a woman one quarter my age.

Where are you gonna be? With your fatass wife, if she doesn’t divorce you and take half your assets, unable to get an erection because years of stress and hard work has aged you prematurely. You won’t remember the last time you got a decent lay, the last time you felt free, the last time you woke up with a sturdy erection.

I feel bad for you perfectionists.

This thread is weird.

I thought if was a pretty interesting question. Anything we do can be viewed as mediocre by someone who is more successful at that thing. So, we need to come up with subjective definitions of success.

Yeah, but I can’t stop reading it

Lol, I thought the same thing. This is not a good look for me. Don’t worry, I’m sure mean reversion will kick back in any minute now.

OP, post your LinkedIn profile link here so we can see your amazing resume. As for me, I am only a mediorcre so I try not to judege others out loud. But the OP seems to be above the mediorcre and I want to be impressed that is all.

Irony’s not a concept that comes naturally to you is it?

Good luck with your plan. Let us know how it’s working out when you’re 50 (assuming you live that long). Out of curiosity, when do you plan to start targeting “women” 1/4 your age? I’m thinking there aren’t too many 15 year olds interested in the withered up junk of 60 year old womanizers.

I just want to be impressed.

Agreed, little dogs bark a lot.

Nice! living the dream, hopefully it makes you happy.

Sometimes this is the best that people can do, and depending on where they came from, it can be worth celebrating. In other cases, people that have grown up in relatively insular environments aren’t aware of their mediocrity. Thirdly, sometimes what separates great to incredible is a matter of milliseconds (100m and 200m races) or hitting one more home run per week (Brady Anderson’s spectacular 1996 season when he hit 50 home runs, when his seasonal average through the rest of his career was closer to 20), and sometimes being great is good enough for most people.

Lastly, and in this case – I"m guessing the guy you’re talking about wants to share his life with others and Facebook offers him a free open podium for that. He can validate the major investment he’s made for the last couple of years, not to mention there are some chicks and broski’s in his life that will be impressed. You can always ask him why he feels the way he does, though I make no promises that he won’t be offended :slight_smile:

Wow. I really didn’t expect this type of response. It actually makes for an interesting psychological study. Again, I’m not going to give up details of my identity, there is 0 benefit for me to do so. I frankly could not care less if you think I’m actually a 17 yr old un-educated homeless kid in Haiti that eats mud pies (oh pardon me, does that offend someone too?) I’m also way past 25, Blake is filled with BS because he not only discredits any facts, but he makes them up.

Some of you have blown this way out of proportion, and chances are it’s because you are angry or offended on the inside. This thread likely touched a nerve with some of you and is clearly eliciting the emotional response. infintybenzo, I find it hilarious you think I’m the “angry” one. Which post did I show any type of anger? hint: none. Some of you say I’m ‘sad and depressed’ and ‘angry’, seriously? look inside yourself, because that may be how you feel, not me.

You want to know what I find valuable? If this kid graduates from this crummy school, recognizes he’s behind the curve, keeps himself in check, and works incredibly hard to make himself valuable and proves his worth. When he achieves that, then he earned the right to gloat. 5 yr part time MBA ranked 98th? sorry, that doesn’t cut it in my book.

yeah, very arrogant.

Not making it better!

Yeah, I mean to be fair to the other side of the argument, the kid was simply posting his graduation picture on facebook. It’s not like he ran an ad.

BlackSwan, I just noticed you crossed over to charterholder status, congrats man

Thanks man, feels good to wrap it up.

You definitely sound bitter, and conceited, you’ve wasted alot of energy taking out a strip of some other guy you probably don’t even know that well. Normal, happy people don’t do that, if you were actually secure in yourself, you wouldn’t give a fuck about this guy.

^respect. Maybe idiotcom can have a good cry while slamming others who are obviously enjoying their lives.

Where is stormy when you need him?