Why is it okay to discriminate against Asians? Getting a little ridiculous.

One of my (Indian) MBA finance professors claimed that GMAT cheating is pretty rampant across Asia. He claimed that the GMAT has a pool of several hundred questions and that in some areas, they pull all of the questions they can, generate answer, and distribute them for memorization.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-22/india-arrests-hundreds-over-school-exam-cheating-scandal/6338552

Wow, I didn’t realize they had taken it that far…I mean I knew it was bad. Acceptance rates are a perfect negative correlation with IQ, for a job which requires pattern recognition skills in life and death situations.

I’m sure great things will come from that!

This made me laugh more than it should.

And the pass rates for U.S. trained first time takers of the USMLE are 97%+ for Steps 1-3. Not much of a filter. Choose your doctor carefully if you have a complicated ailment.

Hispanic isn’t a race. It’s a group comprised of several races that have roots in Spanish-speaking countries. When is this country going to get it right?

Apparently, there is no such thing as race :

In 1950, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) issued a statement asserting that all humans belong to the same species and that “race” is not a biological reality but a myth. This was a summary of the findings of an international panel of anthropologists, geneticists, sociologists, and psychologists.

A great deal of evidence had accumulated by that time to support this conclusion, and the scientists involved were those who were conducting research and were most knowledgeable about the topic of human variation. Since that time similar statements have been published by the American Anthropological Association and the American Association of Physical Anthropologists, and an enormous amount of modern scientific data has been gathered to justify this conclusion.

Today the vast majority of those involved in research on human variation would agree that biological races do not exist among humans. Among those who study the subject, who use and accept modern scientific techniques and logic, this scientific fact is as valid and true as the fact that the earth is round and revolves around the sun…

http://www.newsweek.com/there-no-such-thing-race-283123

Isn’t it easier for Asians to get into grad school? I know it is for law school especially. The discrimination is against non-minorities.

Right, that whole “we are the same species (race), thus no differences exist” is always spouted in the states as part of the propaganda to try to get people to get along. Of course they also say “strength from diversity”, which would seem contradict their claim of homogeneity. Facepalm.

It’s wrong obviously, we are the same species, and differences exist. If they didn’t they wouldn’t have to try to “correct” the differences thru these racist programs.

Ok screw this. Which is the best race?

I wonder if this leads to an automatic discount in the workplace for people who happen to be in certain races and happen to have attended certain schools.

#UnitedColorsofBenetton

UNESCO isn’t part of the United States. Corrections are the byproduct of people thinking that race is not a myth. Surely you’ve seen other actions by other people based of false premises.

We all know that, that doesn’t stop the US from using this science as propaganda in their “we are all the same” mission. “Corrections” are implemented because differences do in fact exist.

If the science says that we’re all the same, exactly how is it propaganda?

That’s an interesting avenue to explore.

Earlier you seemed to claim that there are differences because corrections have been implemented.

Now you claim that there are corrections because there are differences.

Your logic, sir, is circular.

Internet people argue so much they forget what they are even talking about. It’s simple kids, let daddy break it down for you…no “claims”, only facts…

Science has determined that the arbitrary line of speciation has not been crossed [fact]. Differences between tribes that have been separated by 40K years exist [fact]. The US seems to think these differences can be “corrected” [but who knows what crazy people think or if they even think at all]. It won’t work [as good as fact]. The only confusing part is what the US hopes to achieve by this nonsense? They do the same silliness with gender. I guess it’s because they start with an inncorect belief “there are no differences”, now they need to erase any data showing there are differences, in order not to suffer cognitive dissonance?

The most effective propaganda to use on a population that believes they are “science people” is “science” (note use of quotation marks). Bad science or misinterpretation of good science (as in this example). You might want to do some thinking about this…Americans are so easily duped by this trick.

A lot of speculation there.

But speculation does make for good propaganda.

The quotation marks are your addition, not mine.

Are you refuting UNESCO’s conclusions?