Women who don't sleep around before their wedding have happier marriages...

When the topic is human psychology, I would guess so. Just as a BSEE > CFA when discussing circuitry.

I agree with a lot of this.

I do think the discussion of alpha/beta has some usefulness in terms of how a degree of self confidence is important. But one could just as easly talk about self-confidence without bothering with all the alpha/beta crap.

But then the alpha concept gets stretched to incorporate every stereotype of caveman-esque buffoonery known to man, reaching comic proportions: “Alphas refuse to eat with knives and forks; rather, they simply inhale their meat, channeling their superior core musculature to their diaphragm to create a c__yclonic vortex that renders tableware superfluous. Forks, on the other hand, are for pussies, and - of course - beta males. Females who witnesses such acts of alphaness will be unable to control themselves, and wish to copulate on the spot, the presence of high-carb desserts notwithstanding. Watch out, grandma!

^^

I actually lol’ed at the last couple sentences.

This thread is so full of f’uck.

First post was still the best.

Beta isn’t a personality, it’s a mentality. - Seeking approval from others. - Easily influenced by others - Supplicating to others - Fear of rejection - Avoiding risk and confrontation - Lack of physical presence (followers) - Insecure (easily gets emotional) - Makes excuses for his shortcomings - Gives up easily - Blames others - Indecisive - Looking for attention - Judges others - Jealous of others’ successes

Are North Americans still obsessed with this alpha/beta stuff? I thought that was the rage back in 2009-ish?

That’s all the media has been talking about. Irak, the start of the NFL season, the markets and Icloud have all been placed on the backburner to resolve this debate

Does necro count as cheating? Random thought