Your work setup

dual monitors, open layout, view of my city’s uptown. Market-Q on the right everything else on the left.

U-shaped desk in private office. 2 widescreen monitors. Laptop is in a docking station under my desk along with a BW printer and work papers that should have been filed years ago. I sit with my back to the windows, but on the rare occasions when I turn around, I have a view of our suburban parking lot and what is becoming an increasingly nice recreation area the property management company is building on what used to just be an unkempt grassy field. I share an admin with our office MD and one other director.

Edit: Left monitor is my primary and I keep outlook and IE open there. Right monitor is for Excel.

The only admin in my current office is our office manager. She’s basically the admin to our MD and the rest of us are kinda on our own. Regardless I always prefer to book my own travel. Other people screw things up or don’t book things the way I want them done.

Our office is in the burbs so I have a view of nothing but the highway.

4 monitors. The far left for yield curve and macro data and far right for email. Two in the center are 24 inches or so and right and left are 12. Factset and SNL constantly up. Also use Chrome with a referer spoofer so I can look at the wsj and other sources

cool setups everyone. So…what does everyone do? Who has the enviable positions?

ciq and snl are rubbish.

run money.

Investment Advisor

Can’t speak about Cap IQ as I only have experience with their features now on SNL, but I couldn’t do my job without SNL. It is awesome. And I found so many errors last year, I had to fill out a tax form for all the gift cards they sent me.

Two monitors, although could just have one. when I look up, I have a nice view of lady liberty

Both suck compared to BB or Factset tho for any real analytics or research.

I have two widescreen monitors, plus my laptop screen. Left is the ‘home’ screen with taskbar which has Excel, MorningStar Direct, and Chrome pinned. Right screen (laptop) is used for email & music almost exclusively.

I also have wireless keyboard and wireless gaming mouse, which I’m surprised none of you have or haven’t mentioned anyway. I program the 9+ buttons to do different things based on which program I’m using.

I just work from home in my shorts w/ laptop; skype, Excel, IBRK, done. Don’t even have my BAII PLUS anymore.

I’m in heaven on the rare occasion I work from home: laptop, yoga pants, cat walking back and forth across my lap all day. LTD my friend.

On most days, I am in an open floor plan but with the window seat looking out over downtown NYC. Three monitors, usually one is Excel, one is Outlook and one is Chrome with CB Insights feed up. Passersby can see my left and center screens but not the right one (which I guess anyone in neighboring buildings with binoculars can see).

Other crucial parts of my setup include an entire shoe closet under my desk, drawers full of workout clothes and spare outfits, yoga mat and complete toiletry/makeup set. Gotta be ready for anything.

Three monitors - email on left, Bloomberg on right, and whatever I’m researching or my portfolio / factor analysis in the middle. Could be fine with two monitors but the third one reduces alt-tabbing by a meaningful amount.

3 monitors (middle is the default). I use IE and have jp morgan markets, debt wire, creditedge, moody’s analytics, and morningstar in my bookmarks bar. My wall is filled with moody’s rating methodologies for different industries.

Three monitors. Middle one is main. Always have Bloomberg and FactSet on. Usually have MSCI Barra Aegis on as well. Double-wide cube with walls I can see over if I stand up. Small TV to my left, muted half the time, tuned to Bloomberg News. I’ll switch to Fox Business News sometimes when I can’t stand to listen or look at Joe Weisenthal anymore.

Oh geez, that guy…they really need to replace him with a hot Asian. Speaking of which, Shery Ahn is now working from Bloomberg 'Merika.

How can a person possibly view, understand and internalize the information that is available on 3 screens? Sounds like your job requires you to be a poor excuse for a robot. Are robots taking your jerbs? If not, they will be soon, no?

Upgrade to BarraPortfolio manager, its much better.