Yu Darvish no longer single

damn yall bunch of fuking bullies

Major leaguer spends life with woman six years older than him. That would be news. No mention of age in twenty posts. Progressive group.

That’s a really interesting way to look at it, I’ve never thought like that.

But looks fade, well, depending on your view I suppose, but youthful beauty certainly fades over time. I can already hear someone jumping in with “that’s why you trade up” sort of a comment, but nevermind. If your definition of monogamy is strictly one-partner relationship, then your argument certainly holds, but what about long-term? Can a long-term relationship (monogamous) have an exit strategy? Blame Disney, but I thought long-terms were “forevers” (which is unfair, because Disney only shows first moments of happily-ever-afters, I guess. Sorry Disney. Not your fault).

And, just IMO, sounds like a pretty hollow relationship if you decide you will take the best looks and outsource companionship and intelligence elsewhere. Not saying that you can’t find a girl with it all, but if you focus on looks then surely only someone really lucky gets a lady with looks+conversation. I guess you’d eat out a lot.

Really though: you’d rather settle down with someone who’s marginally better looking than marginally more intelligent/nice/shares your interests/likes you?

They’re dating. DATING.

I’ve seen B gay ass Chads lips and he sir is no Jack Kennedy

So why are hearts breaking everywhere? And why your heart so badly that you feel the need to post this non-news? They’re just dating.

In some aspects this is worse that RR’s ab-worship/isildurr’s Radio Free World from momma’s basement threads

I agree that it’s superficial and hollow, and looks do fade. All I’m saying is that it’s not unfathomable why it happens.

But again, take away the need for women to own men, and all of a sudden, things can change. There’s no need to “trade up” or “trade younger” if a certain degree of non-monogamy is permitted. Indeed, it makes other aspects of compatibility suddenly more important for a lasting relationship.

Admittedly, men have issues with feeling the need to own women too. But I think a lot of this is simply social convention. We attach the meaning of “he’s not good enough to keep her” if a man’s wife or girlfriend plays around, but if a certain degree of non-monogamy were considered normal (say, like the French, where married couples often take separate vacations), perhaps men would not feel so much need to control or own women entirely.

I also think that “at the margins”, intelligence, niceness, etc. do matter. In fact, they matter a lot. It’s not an issue to stay true to a woman when someone marginally more attractive starts flirting with you. It’s more challenging when when someonone *substantially* more physically attractive starts flirting with you, or indicating interest.

Or it can just be someone attractive in a substantially different way, too.

It’s also true that men’s choices change if/when they decide they really want to have a kid, and then things like being a good companion and being a good mother matter. But often times, men simply fall into those kinds of relationships, rather than go out and actively seek them. In this, men are - I think - quite different from women.

Finally, I think for men, what’s generally most important is to feel the “ability” to attract a hot woman. Once a man accomplishes that and feels confident about it, then it’s easier to form relationships (even monogamous romantic relationships) with more normal-looking women, because now he feels more secure that he is *choosing* this woman because of her awesome (including non-physical) qualities, not that he’s settling, because he thinks he can’t find anyone more physically attractive. Once one has had and grown tired of a hyper-attractive woman, more normal women suddenly become much more interesting.

Impressive. I was actually going to type that before I scrolled down and saw your post.

Your mistake is projecting what women want in a partner into men. Sometimes, there is no logic behind things other than to say genders are wired differently. If you use women lenses to analyze male behavior, you will never get it. And vice versa.

+1

Most of your woman related posts are pure crap, but that wasn’t one of them. Its also a key relationship fact. People need to stop thinking others want what they want. Stop thinking that others want to be treated like they do. They don’t. People, men or women, all have different needs and expectations. Once folks realise their partners expectations arent necessarily the same as their own, things become much easier.

Sorry OP, if intelligence is what you seek, he doesn’t have it. Look else where.