Sign up  |  Log in

Feeling now vs right after the exam

Just curious as to how many people have had doubts or positive feelings creep in now that we are 6 days from either defeat or destiny. 

Personally, I felt like I didn’t do that well on the AM but felt better about the PM right after the test. Then as time went by and I read that more people thought AM was difficult I began to feel a little bit better. Now with only 6 days till D-day I am beginning to have major doubts again about the AM section, partially because I can’t remember accurately any of the questions.

Personalized CFA® exam prep is here! Through this exclusive Analyst Forum offer, you can save 10% on a June 2020 Level III CFA PremiumPlus™ or Premium Study Package. Use promo code KS-AF10 at check out. Offer expires Oct 31, 2019.

I have had the exact same experience.  Monday will be a sleepless night.

I am hopeful that CFAI didn’t decide to make any big statements this year with the MPS.

i left 20-25 points blank on AM so I am not confident i passed. the PM was tame tho, not too bad. 

ive heard stories of ppl leaving 40 points blank and still passing. then again they ripped 50/60s on the PM. 

we shall see Renley, we shall see. 

Same as Tommyjohn.  Exactly.  Except I am a retaker. 

Not by might.

Same as Alarmclock97.  Exactly.  Except I am not a retaker

Same as aspop1.  Exactly.  Except I am not a retaker and I did not leave 20-25 points blank on AM

Margin_Call wrote:

Same as aspop1.  Exactly.  Except I am not a retaker and I did not leave 20-25 points blank on AM

Hahaha :)

I already said to my boss, my colleagues and my friends that I couldn’t fail. indecision

My feats:
12/Make the 1000th comment in the longest AF thread ever
https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91782543#comment-91782543
2/ Earn the CFA charter in 2018 https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91838098#comment-91838098

PierreCFA wrote:

I already said to my boss, my colleagues and my friends that I couldn’t fail. indecision

You won’t, not with a last name like that!

“PiereCFA”, is the name not a violation in itself???????

I felt despondent after the AM session.  I nearly ran out of time, something that did not happen with my AM mocks.  A couple questions put me on tilt and, rather than leave any blank, I wasted an inordinate amount of time attempting to solve problems I had somewhat of an idea about, but knew I was not certain.  In hindsight, I should have managed my time better by simply jotting something quickly down for a few of the subparts.  Hopefully, having put an educated semblance of an answer down for everything will garner some credit for me on each subpart.  It’s not that I was clueless about any particular subpart, but rather I knew enough to know I was probably not spot on.

PM session felt like manna from heaven in comparison to the AM for me.  So I left the exam thinking I have a shot.  My blue box will likely overlap the MPS on both sides.  A correct guess here or there on PM, some generous partial credit awarded in the AM, and I may pass.  I’m on the fence, but compared to how I felt after the AM session, on the fence is good.  I feel better knowing many people thought the AM was brutal like OP suggests.

Just felt like sharing my thoughts.

After attempting only 1 previous year paper for AM, it was going to be a tough task for me (I attempted 3 schweser pm mocks as well ), It was and despite knowing 95% of the AM paper, I left 2 full sections blank, another 1/3rd of another.in total I left almost 40 marks.Was kind of dejected when I heard ppl talking about theirs similar experience too (of course to a much lesser degree).

I thought to give my best shot for the PM and it was great feeling after completing the PM paper.

As of now I feel if my ethics went fine i.e. then I can pass as in most of other sections i am pretty sure about most answers(discussed with a few).

Ya but then it was a great experience as i started studying in April end,maybe a total of 225 hours.On the top my 2 months old kid was unwell for 10 days just before the exam.so no regrets whatever the result may be☺️

PierreCFA wrote:

I already said to my boss, my colleagues and my friends that I couldn’t fail. indecision

I knew after the exam (in fact, even before the exam) that I passed. :)

My feats:
12/Make the 1000th comment in the longest AF thread ever
https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91782543#comment-91782543
2/ Earn the CFA charter in 2018 https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91838098#comment-91838098

i failed, and scored around the 15th percentile. i never in my wildest dreams thought i was going to do this poorly.

Hey Tommyjohn,

I’m sorry to hear that. You were able to get by Lv1 and Lv2 so obviously you know your stuff. Keep your head up and get back to the grind in December and January. I’m sure the perseverance will prove to be sweet when you ultimately get the pass. Stay strong!! 

was almost certain that I passed after exam, having self assessed essay section close to 75-80% and pretty confident item set over 70%. Somehow did even better on essay (I think, judging by how high the line is) and looks like around 72-74% on item set so I was pretty spot on

arbguy wrote:

was almost certain that I passed after exam, having self assessed essay section close to 75-80% and pretty confident item set over 70%. Somehow did even better on essay (I think, judging by how high the line is) and looks like around 72-74% on item set so I was pretty spot on

i think we are both regular members with work experience. How do we obtain the charter? Anything we must do on our end?

Tommyjohn wrote:

i failed, and scored around the 15th percentile. i never in my wildest dreams thought i was going to do this poorly.

i scored below 10% on item set, really do t believe this result but passed the essay. Are you going for retabulation?

brandonvham wrote:

arbguy wrote:

was almost certain that I passed after exam, having self assessed essay section close to 75-80% and pretty confident item set over 70%. Somehow did even better on essay (I think, judging by how high the line is) and looks like around 72-74% on item set so I was pretty spot on

i think we are both regular members with work experience. How do we obtain the charter? Anything we must do on our end?

Nope. Search yourself in the directory – you should have CFA after your name.

After the exam I was hungover the next day and today I am hungover. 

In June it was due to a feeling of freedom and relief. 

Just like now, except that now I know I’ll never take another exam.

After the exam I felt like AM went fairly well, and that PM was trickier in places than I hoped.  That said, I didn’t think PM would have enough wrong answers to really sink me.  I estimated on the day that I had 45/60 on the MC.

At this moment I feel very happy that I passed.  My item sets are above 70% but only slightly above.  I’m guessing I got 43/60 or 44/60 which is in line with my feeling on exam day.  And AM went well, which I’m happy about since I know a lot of test takers really struggled with it.

I felt I didn’t do as well as I hoped for in AM - i underestimated the value of time management as I spent too long one my earlier questions which resulted in not completing the whole AM paper. 

However I felt a lot more confident after doing PM as I felt I did well in it.

My worst possible score came through which was in the range of 57-61 and given MPS seem to be in 59-60 range, my worst fear of failing with matter of 1-2 marks came true which would be 3-4 PM questions I changed last minute from correct to incorrect and knew it right after I walked out the exam but figured would make it up at some other place…funny as I walked out the exam felt 70% chance of passing and 30% I would fail with hairline (1-2 marks) and that exactly came true :’( 
Still gutted but after being down I have already registered for another go and will focus more on the CFAI Cirriculum practice problems to not fall for tricks and wording that seem to be different than schweser or other providers…sucks but back at it again soon