Received offer but need to stall?
I received a written offer from a company and they didn’t specify when I should sign and return the letter. However, I am still awaiting for this other company to make a decision. I’ve already done the 3rd round of interview with them and I communicated with the recruiter that I have an offer pending from another company and they told me that the hiring manager liked me but has to interview 2 more candidates this week. They said that they’ll be able to make a decision next week and that if I cannot wait, they can’t do anything…
What’s the best thing to do in this situation? I’ve already e-mailed the first company asking some questions about their benefits since they didn’t include them in the offer letter, and I asked if it would be possible to revert back with the signed letter early next week as I am traveling this week. If they push for an earlier date to sign, should I just sign and then bail out before the start date if I get an offer from the other company?
Study together. Pass together.
Join the world's largest online community of CFA, CAIA and FRM candidates.