You Can't Vote If You Don't Pay Taxes....

What’s wrong with this sample approach? Or these is nothing wrong with it at all…

what about people who pay taxes and don’t get to vote ? Is that fair ?

IMO, not fair. But if they are legal immigrations, it’s just a matter of a time before they can vote. But back to my question. How can someone dictate how my money is spent if he/she doesn’t pay his/her fair share??

Marcus Phoenix? Come on buddy.

This would actually add a new interesting wrinkle into politics… The rich typically vote for conservatives who typically oppose taxes. However, if you raise taxes a significant, only the rich can vote. So, wouldn’t conservatives be incentivized to raise taxes to gain the super majority and then push big business? Conversely, wouldn’t the liberals want to lower taxes to allow for lower income households to vote. (This assumes that if you raise taxes high enough people will stop paying. Which probably isn’t true.)

Well, if you think of your country as a corporation, then it would make sense to pay to vote. But then people fighting your wars, are they patriotic or just tired of looking for a job ?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, if you think of your country as a > corporation, then it would make sense to pay to > vote. Mo, I will just take it that you agree that people don’t pay taxes shouldn’t have a vote. Feel free to open a new post to talk about wars… Sounds good my friend?

What is taxes to you? Income taxes or any sort of tax?

Let’s focus on income tax for now as sale taxes are mainly charged by different states adn the rates vary so much.

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let’s focus on income tax for now as sale taxes > are mainly charged by different states adn the > rates vary so much. So you pay property tax, payroll taxes, etc and don’t get to vote?

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Well, if you think of your country as a > > corporation, then it would make sense to pay to > > vote. > > Mo, I will just take it that you agree that people > don’t pay taxes shouldn’t have a vote. > > Feel free to open a new post to talk about wars… > Sounds good my friend? You don’t like my question ? I am just curious. All those Mexican who fight for the US for the promise of a Green Card, are they covered by your question or not ?

Ok i’ll bite…can they vote if they pay $1 in taxes? or is there a threshold you had in mind? Shouldn’t people who pay more taxes get more votes? If I am a billionaire’ why should a person paying a fraction of what I pay get the same say in how my money should be spent?

It would not work. people who didnt pay would just choose not to get their refund when they wanted to vote.

If the person I voted for lost, I would demand a tax refund.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok i’ll bite…can they vote if they pay $1 in > taxes? or is there a threshold you had in mind? > > Shouldn’t people who pay more taxes get more > votes? If I am a billionaire’ why should a person > paying a fraction of what I pay get the same say > in how my money should be spent? If only there was a way that you could use your money to help someone get elected…