Hotels in NYC

I often travel to NYC for investor conferences and usually wind up staying in the same general parts of town (either Midtown or Battery Park) because that is usually where the conferences are held. I’d like to stay at a hotel in a different part of town where this is a nice neighborhood restaurant scene and decent hotels. Any recommendations for Greenwich Villiage, Bowery, etc or perhaps the Upper East or Upper West Side? My knowledge of NYC pretty much consists of Midtown, which I find bland. Thanks.

I live in the UWS and the Beacon Hotel (74th & Broadway) is nice and I believe a little cheaper than the normal Midtown ones. There are some good restaurants/bars in the area, but I’m sure others on here can give you some recommendations downtown if you’re looking for a better nightlife scene.

Try the Washington Square Hotelý in Greenwich Village…great location and pretty reasonable prices.

Check out the Standard in the Meatpacking district. Haven’t stayed there yet but the one in LA is pretty cool.

Didn’t Trump’s kids just open a hotel in Soho?