Farewell Windows

Decided to finally switch over to Linux. Just clicked on install and wiped my entire headache causing hard drive clean on my laptop. I’m a little bit nervice though, since I’ve never used it before. Nevertheless… In your face Microsoft! That’s what you get for giving me lousy updates that cause my computer to crash all the time.

Come over to the Mac-Side… it’s glorious

CapeCobra Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Decided to finally switch over to Linux. Just > clicked on install and wiped my entire headache > causing hard drive clean on my laptop. I’m a > little bit nervice though, since I’ve never used > it before. Nevertheless… > > In your face Microsoft! That’s what you get for > giving me lousy updates that cause my computer to > crash all the time. Hahah, I did that a long while ago for one of my server machine. However, I gave it a lot of face lift. It is a linux O/S, however, for an unfamiliar user, they will think it is a Window O/S.

@CapeCobra - Which version of windows did you chuck? I’m using Windows 7 and I’m very very happy. Nothing beats the compatibility, the system hogs (unlike Vista) and the softwares ( esp Excel ) in Windows 7.

I’ve been running Linux for the past 9 months and I don’t even notice. In fact I forget all the time that I am running Linux. The transition was seamless. And my god is it fast!

Dude keep windows, just buy another hard drive and install FreeBSD. Linux is for commies, have your read the GPL license? plus Max OS X is based on BSD.

Got rid of vista and changed over to ubuntu. I’m absolutely amazed how smooth the transition has been. Should of done it a long time ago. That said, I’m considering putting windows on again with a partioned hard drive, as there are a few programs that just don’t exist for linux and that i still would like to use. But I must say my next purchase will probably be a mac. I just simply don’t have the time to sudo this and sudo that myself constantly. I’ll have a look into FreeBSD first though.