World Cup 2010: It's like 2006, except more taste and less trans fat!

I’m long France. Why? Because I am French. Besides that I know next to nothing about upcoming world cup.

I’m curious how well attended the matches will be. I’ve not yet had the pleasure of travelling to South Africa, but I understand that it isn’t the easiest of trips. I know a handful of people who timed trips to Europe in 2006 to correspond with the WC, but don’t know anyone planning to go to SA. Any AF folks making the trip?

Australia will be the roughy. In 2006 in theory we could have one, seeing as italy beat us by cheating (no way that was a penalty), and they went on to win the world cup. So in theory we couldve done that!

transferpricingCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Australia will be the roughy. > > In 2006 in theory we could have one, seeing as > italy beat us by cheating (no way that was a > penalty), and they went on to win the world cup. > So in theory we couldve done that! Italy??? Cheating??? No WAY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8

transferpricingCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Australia will be the roughy. > > In 2006 in theory we could have one, seeing as > italy beat us by cheating (no way that was a > penalty), and they went on to win the world cup. > So in theory we couldve done that! Italy??? Cheating??? No WAY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8

Get ready to lose money on your teams. Spain is the cup is going.

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Get ready to lose money on your teams. Spain is > the cup is going. If they dont default before it’s over.

New Zealand will surprise this year. The aussies are overrated.

new zealand are a disgrace. the fact that oceania is now allowed a direct qualifier and australia is not in oceania is a disgrace.

France shouldn’t even be in the cup and their roster is starting to age. I’m not convinced they get out of group play. Spain is good, but they have a history of choking. We’ll see. The timing of the cup is perfect though. The weekend AFTER the exam. I’m pumped.

I just bought myself an Ivory Coast jersey. I am keeping my fingers crossed about them making a big impact. Good coach good players.

BRASIL PORRA!!! E PENTACAMPEAO!

Spain is looking awesome this year, ripe for a win and think they can get over the hump. Psyched for the US too. With their group, I hope they make it out.

spain=choke. one euro win is an exception that cannot be repeated. i’m liking argentina despite their qualifiers. i’m also liking germany. yeah you heard right, you can take away ballack but the bundesmannschaft will still be rolling like a panzer tank.

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Get ready to lose money on your teams. Spain is > the cup is going. Spain will chock as usual when it comes to elimination games. Given that my home country did not even make it to the finals, I have to root for France, I grew up there ( 80-88) back when Platini was the maestro. But realistically you have to pick Germany, they’re the only European who can perform in this type of conditions ( S.Africa). I am hoping for a cup similar to the 1986 cup. that was probably the best ever IMHO.

MO! Tu parle francais!?

Mais bien-entendu Monsieur Nuppal :slight_smile: I can still speak but my writing is probably trash now. Haven’t used my written French in a very long time, but I read French newspapers, ( L’equipe, le Monde).

I read Le Monde as well, my written French is PISS poor. My speaking and reading is pretty damn good though. Gotta love native fluency with a passive aggressive attitude in every French class I’ve ever taken. Oral exams would be taken hungover (or still slightly drunk) don’t think I’ve ever gotten less than a 99 on an Oral exam. Written exams would be marginally passable. lol